2007-10-15 15:20:39

by Stuart Pook

Subject: [Bluez-users] the SIP softphones ekiga & twinkle do not work with my headset

hello

I have tried to get two different SIP softphones to work with bluez-3.20
without success. Both of them hang when I use them with the microphone
of my Plantronics M2500 Bluetooth headset. As they both have the same
problem it is perhaps bluez-3.20 (or my configuration) that is at fault.
As anyone else had more success? Which softphones work with bluez?

My ~/.asoundrc contains

pcm.M2500 {
type bluetooth
device "00:03:89:xx:xx:xx" # M2500 by Plantronics
}
pcm.!default {
type plug;
slave.pcm "M2500"
}

"arecord -f S16_LE|aplay" and "arecord -D M2500 -f S16_LE|aplay -D
M2500" work fine (most times).

When I use the "Configuration Druid" in Ekiga (2.0.11) I can choose my
headset as the "audio input device" (I choose default) and another sound
card as the audio output device. The "Test Setting" button works and
what I say comes out of the speakers. When I make a call using these
setting I can hear the other party but nothing is read from the
microphone and when I try to hang up ekiga hangs.

When I configure twinkle (version 1.1) to use M2500 as the microphone
and another device as the speaker, I don't hear anything when I call and
when I try to end the call twinkle hangs.

Both programs fail in the same way if I use the headset as the speaker
and microphone.

Both programs work fine if I use my headset as the speaker and another
device as the microphone.

any ideas?
Stuart