2007-12-05 09:05:01

by Leiyu

Subject: [Bluez-users] how to use bluetooth audiotools inbluez-utils-3.22

Dear All,

sorry for typing error, I send it again
I create ~/.asoundrc and modify it to contain
pcm.bluetooth {
type bluetooth
device 00:18:6a:00:01:06
}

then call " mplayer -ao alsa:device=bluetooth /wulai.mp3" to play music and meet the errors:
alsa-lib:pcm_bluetooth.c1240:(bluetooth_init) connection fail
alsa-init:playback open error: Connection refused

Best regards,
Leiyu
----- Original Message -----
From: "Rahul Tank" <[email protected]>
To: "BlueZ users" <[email protected]>
Sent: Tuesday, December 04, 2007 8:54 PM

> Leiyu wrote:
>> Dear Rahul,
>>
>> I do not find ~/.asoundrc in system, am I lack of something installed?
>>

> Create one manually :)
>

> regards,
> rahul !!
>
>> Best regards,
>> Leiyu

by Remy Bosch

Leiyu wrote:
> Dear All,
>
> sorry for typing error, I send it again
> I create ~/.asoundrc and modify it to contain
> pcm.bluetooth {
> type bluetooth
> device 00:18:6a:00:01:06
> }
>
> then call " mplayer -ao alsa:device=bluetooth /wulai.mp3" to play music and meet the errors:
> alsa-lib:pcm_bluetooth.c1240:(bluetooth_init) connection fail
> alsa-init:playback open error: Connection refused

I got similar. It won't work out of the box. Most appliances - to my
knowledge - have a pin like '0000' which has to be send out, but don't
see any reference in hcid.conf manual.
Searching around the net points me to bluez-pin at
http://gpe.handhelds.org/projects/bluez-pin.shtml. Do we still need an
separate program to pass a pin?
For a while I used gnome-bluetooth which asked for a pin, and the info
is now stored under /var/lib/bluetooth/00:0B:6B:92:41:57/
If I remove this dir, the audio device won't work and give errors. I
place the dir back and it's music to my ears. Literally.
What to do for new apps without gnome-bluetooth? I'd like to avoid as
much bloat as possible which include - imho - gnome/kde.

Thanks

R. Bosch