2007-12-08 23:18:22

by Manuel Naranjo

Subject: Re: [Bluez-users] [BlueZ-Announce] Release of bluez-libs-3.23 and bluez-utils-3.23

> Hi Folks,
>
> this is an update release of the new stable versions of the Bluetooth
> library and the utilities. This release is fixing a crash in the main
> Bluetooth daemon and providing major enhancements for the audio service
Marcel,
I think there's a bug in the automake scripts, both bluez-libs and
bluez-utils. In 64 bits systems if there's lib64 present then both
packages are trying to install to lib instead of lib64. I sent a rather
simple patch for this, but I think it should be more complex, and it
didn't applied to libs only utils
Thanks,
Manuel

by Marcel Holtmann

Hi Manuel,

> > the bluez-utils is not installing any libraries. Never has been and
> > never will be.
> >
> You are right, but it install the services inside the lib folder, and
> that's making conflicts. If you don't get those to the right folder
> (lib64) in this case, then when you want to use any of those services
> (serial service for example) via dbus you get an error telling that the
> elf version is not right (even though it is, it's elf64)

you can use --libdir here as well.

> > For the bluez-libs this is on purpose and you can overwrite it with
> > --libdir when calling configure. All distros are different and
> > especially with the new multi-arch stuff
> >
> Ok, isn't there a way to know this from autotools? Actually this is the
> only project that I had faced with such problems.

There is no simple solution. In case of multi-arch systems you wanna
build a 32-bit and a 64-bit version.

Regards

Marcel

by Manuel Naranjo

Marcel
> the bluez-utils is not installing any libraries. Never has been and
> never will be.

You are right, but it install the services inside the lib folder, and
that's making conflicts. If you don't get those to the right folder
(lib64) in this case, then when you want to use any of those services
(serial service for example) via dbus you get an error telling that the
elf version is not right (even though it is, it's elf64)

> For the bluez-libs this is on purpose and you can overwrite it with
> --libdir when calling configure. All distros are different and
> especially with the new multi-arch stuff

Ok, isn't there a way to know this from autotools? Actually this is the
only project that I had faced with such problems.

Thanks,
Manuel Naranjo

by Marcel Holtmann

Hi Manuel,