2006-01-06 13:19:28

by Toni Fiz

Subject: [Bluez-users] Bluetooth emulation

My question is:
Would it be possible to emulate a bluetooth device?
I think it seems to have no sense to emulate a bluetooth device i mean the
usb adapter.
But I think in many nokia phones would be useful to transfer deta through
the data cable (DKU-2 in example)
I've installed the drivers to transfer data through a cable, and it installs
obex-file transfer, and meny other obex protocols to tansfer through cable.
I thin we could access to the phone in the same way as bluetooth, but
faster...

Thanks four your attention

Greets from Spain

Attachments:
(No filename) (544.00 B)
(No filename) (577.00 B)

by Marcel Holtmann

Subject: Re: [Bluez-users] Bluetooth emulation

Hi Toni,

> Sorry, but I can't read sourcecode :(

then you won't get this done unless you pay a lot of money for it ;)

Regards

Marcel

by Toni Fiz

Sorry, but I can't read sourcecode :(
Thanx for your help

2006/1/6, Marcel Holtmann <[email protected]>:

> Hi Toni,
>
> > > Would it be possible to emulate a bluetooth device?
> >
> > you can use the virtual HCI of Bluetooth for it.
> >
> > How can I do it? (a howto would be useful)
>
> the source code of hciemu.c inside bluez-utils show how this interface
> can be used.
>
> > Not everything is about speed, but if you wanna do it, you
> > have to write
> > it by yourself.
> >
> > That's true, but my phone doesn't accept files larger than 8MB
> > through bluetooth
>
> Complain to the manufacturer, because this sounds like a bug in the
> phone software/firmware.
>
> Regards
>
> Marcel

(No filename) (1.23 kB)
(No filename) (2.01 kB)

by Marcel Holtmann

Hi Toni,

> > Would it be possible to emulate a bluetooth device?
>
> you can use the virtual HCI of Bluetooth for it.
>
> How can I do it? (a howto would be useful)

the source code of hciemu.c inside bluez-utils show how this interface
can be used.

> Not everything is about speed, but if you wanna do it, you
> have to write
> it by yourself.
>
> That's true, but my phone doesn't accept files larger than 8MB
> through bluetooth

Complain to the manufacturer, because this sounds like a bug in the
phone software/firmware.

Regards

Marcel

by Toni Fiz

2006/1/6, Marcel Holtmann <[email protected]>:

> Hi Toni,
>
> > Would it be possible to emulate a bluetooth device?
>
> you can use the virtual HCI of Bluetooth for it.

How can I do it? (a howto would be useful)

> I think it seems to have no sense to emulate a bluetooth device i mean
> > the usb adapter.
> > But I think in many nokia phones would be useful to transfer deta
> > through the data cable (DKU-2 in example)
> > I've installed the drivers to transfer data through a cable, and it
> > installs obex-file transfer, and meny other obex protocols to tansfer
> > through cable.
> > I thin we could access to the phone in the same way as bluetooth, but
> > faster...
>
> Not everything is about speed, but if you wanna do it, you have to write
> it by yourself.

That's true, but my phone doesn't accept files larger than 8MB through
bluetooth

Regards

> Marcel

(No filename) (1.37 kB)