2008-01-24 13:42:54

by pramod gurav

Subject: Re: [Bluez-users] Headset half working using Bluez's ALSA plugin

hi gabriele,
i have not worked much on BlueZ and alsa but i can see from your information that you have not configured your kernel to support alsa. have a kernel built with alsa configured.
bcoz i checked the file /usr/lib/alsa-lib/libasound_module_pcm_bluetooth.so which u are missing
but my kernel has as i hv alsa support. also i confirmed this by checking into another system which dont hv alsa configured in it.
Try and c.
best luck....bye

Pramod

----- Original Message ----
From: Ing. Gabriele Oberhammer <[email protected]>
To: BlueZ users <[email protected]>
Sent: Thursday, 24 January, 2008 3:37:16 PM

Hi, I've successful compiled and installed 'utils' and 'libs' from
today
cvs but now its worse then before, now playback doesn't work too :-(
Now In the preferences menu in gnome-applet there are no services
listed, but my headset pairs correctly.
Here's what I've done, please tell ma what's wrong:

1. checked out latest 'utils' and 'libs' directoryes from cvs
2. installed all needed development headers
3. Compiled:
$ cd utils/
$ sudo ./bootstrap
$ sudo ./configure --enable-all --prefix=/usr/local/
$ sudo make

$ cd ../libs/
$ sudo ./bootstrap
$ sudo ./configure --prefix=/usr/local/
$ sudo make

4. uninstalled bluez-utils:
$ sudo apt-get remove bluez-utils

5. uninstalled libbluetooth2 (forcing needed to solve dependencies):
$ sudo dpkg --force-all -r libbluetoot2

6. Installed libs and utils:
$ cd libs; sudo make install
$ cd utils; sudo make install

7. Edited '/etc/init.d/bluetooth' and modified all paths to pont to
correct locations under /usr/local/{bin,sbin}

8. rebooted (I know it's not needed but I did it)

9. Now headset pairs, 'hcitool dev' correctly shows it but
$ mplayer -ao alsa:device=bluetooth test.mp3

gives:

[AO_ALSA] alsa-lib: pcm.c:2105:(snd_pcm_open_conf) Cannot open
shared
library /usr/lib/alsa-lib/libasound_module_pcm_bluetooth.so
[AO_ALSA] Playback open error: No such file or directory

10. sadness ;(

Can someone help me or give me some link to documentation about correct

procedures for cvs building?

Tnx :-)

(No filename) (228.00 B)
(No filename) (164.00 B)

by Ing. Gabriele Oberhammer

tnx for your response, but I've a standard Ubuntu kernel and alsa i
correcty configured.
Running dpkg -S libasound_module_pcm_bluetooth.la I found that this
module is shipped with the package bluez-utils.
If I install the package bluez-utils form standard repositories almost
everything of bluetooth works flawlessly. The problem is that capture
from my headset does not work (i.e. only playback works).
Several posts confirm that this is a common problem which the latest cvs
is supposed to solve.
I've correctly compiled and installed latest blues-utils form cvs, but I
guess the library libasound_module_pcm_bluetooth.la is not correctly
build/installed :-(

I guess I must wait until the cvs becomes stable.

Tnx, bye