2008-03-09 16:16:10

by Thomas Börkel

Subject: [Bluez-users] HowTo DUN without dund?

HI!

I was using dund for connecting my Palm via a Bluetooth dongle to the
Internet.

This was working in Bluez 2.x and 3.23.

Now, with newer versions of 3.x, dund seems to be gone and I can't find
information on how to enable and configure DUN without dund.

I was configuring the options for DUN in /etc/ppp/options.rfcomm0 like this:
# You usually need this if there is no PAP authentication
noauth
# do not use modem control lines we aren't using a real serial line
local
# do not determinate local ip from hostname
noipdefault
# usefull ARP proxing
proxyarp
# Your own IP Address and the IP Address of the remote system
192.168.0.2:192.168.0.47
# And the netmask
netmask 255.255.255.0
# dns
ms-dns 192.168.0.1
# this is required for the non standard microsoft PPP negotiation
connect "sleep 2; echo -n CLIENTSERVER"

And then I ran dund --listen.

Where can I put this stuff now? I found /etc/bluetooth/rfcomm.conf, but
it does not seem to understand the keyword if the old config file.

Thanks!

Thomas

by bluez-users.10.judebert

Subject: Re: [Bluez-users] HowTo DUN without dund?

The referenced HOWTO is for programming a serial port. Is there a HOWTO
for using DUN without dund that does not require programming?

Thanks,
Judebert

Luiz Augusto von Dentz - [email protected] wrote:
> We will probably support DUN in network service and possibly integrate
> it into NetworkManager at some point, but for now you can use serial
> service following the howto:
> http://wiki.bluez.org/wiki/HOWTO/SerialConnections

by Luiz Augusto von Dentz

We will probably support DUN in network service and possibly integrate
it into NetworkManager at some point, but for now you can use serial
service following the howto:
http://wiki.bluez.org/wiki/HOWTO/SerialConnections

-- =

Luiz Augusto von Dentz