2008-05-01 12:03:51

by Jelle de Jong

Subject: [Bluez-users] audio segment with audio glitches

Hi Brad,

I extracted an audio segment that has the glitches with bluetooth.

http://filebin.ca/pugrs/glitch.wav
(I can sent the file again if needed)

My headset has both bluetooth connection and analogue. The glitches only
happen with the bluetooth connection. I tested it with totem-xine and
totem-gstreamer. They both have the glitches.

Also you really have to listen carefully, I have the idea it is only on
the right channel also it does not happens always. My first guess would
be some kind of parameter overflow...

Hope this issue becomes reproducible.

Kind regards,

Jelle de Jong

by Jelle de Jong

Subject: Re: [Bluez-users] audio segment with audio glitches

Marcel Holtmann wrote:
> Hi Jelle,
>
>> I extracted an audio segment that has the glitches with bluetooth.
>>
>> http://filebin.ca/pugrs/glitch.wav
>> (I can sent the file again if needed)
>>
>> My headset has both bluetooth connection and analogue. The glitches only
>> happen with the bluetooth connection. I tested it with totem-xine and
>> totem-gstreamer. They both have the glitches.
>>
>> Also you really have to listen carefully, I have the idea it is only on
>> the right channel also it does not happens always. My first guess would
>> be some kind of parameter overflow...
>>
>> Hope this issue becomes reproducible.
>
> please re-test with bluez-utils-3.31 and always state the version that
> you are using. Otherwise nobody can you tell you anything.
>
> Regards
>
> Marcel

I received a new headset device original Motorola s9 and did some more
testing, and this device does not have the audio glitch! but the
Motorola s805 definitely has the glitch. The glitch only happens with
high quality audio, but it does also only happen with bluez, the Toshiba
stack under windows works fine with the same audio segment.

I attached all device info in an other tread on this mailinglist.

I will test the bluez-utils-3.31 system is there a easy to use Debian
package for it?

Kind regards,

Jelle

by Marcel Holtmann