2008-05-21 00:41:56

by bluez-users.10.judebert

Subject: [Bluez-users] Syncing a Treo 680

Okay, I've read the Wiki. I've checked out multiple different
webpages. I've been subscribed to the mailing list for weeks. I'm so
confused I barely know where to start.

All I want is to sync my Treo with my computer. Specifically, I want to
back up my data and install programs -- I don't need Outlook
functionality or even a list of my appointments in a desktop
application. Just backup and install.

I read here that I shouldn't use dund, but the Wiki points me to a
webpage that points me to a tutorial that uses dund.

I don't program in Python. Java, C/C++, PHP, and Perl, but not Python.
I don't want to have to learn Python to sync my phone; I'm busy
supporting other Open Source projects and just don't have the spare time.

So, I will donate $20 via PayPal to anyone who can provide me with
step-by-step instructions allowing me to sync my Treo 680 with my Debian
Unstable computer through my Kensington K33348 dongle using available
packages and configuration files. I will use this knowledge to create a
page on/for the wiki so other users can avoid the trouble.

I understand the first step here is 'hcitool scan' and 'hciconfig'.

$ sudo hcitool scan
Scanning ... (blue light flashes on my dongle)
$ sudo hciconfig
hci0: Type: USB
BD Address: 00:19:15:5A:B8:FD ACL MTU: 1017:8 SCO MTU: 64:8
UP RUNNING PSCAN ISCAN
RX bytes:694 acl:0 sco:0 events:25 errors:0
TX bytes:353 acl:0 sco:0 commands:23 errors:0

Respectfully,
Judebert