2008-06-10 01:23:28

by Jared Kidd

Subject: [Bluez-users] configure computer for a certain pin?

There must be a way to set my computer to always expect a specific pin
number so I don't have to type it on the computer to pair a device. I
am building a carpc and will be using a pan network through my cell
phone for internet. This carpc will not have a keyboard to enter a pin
in case I need to repair the device. I guess I could pair it when there
IS a keyboard attached but I figure it would be more convenient to not
have to.

Is there a way to just set up bluez to expect a certain pin number and
to allow a pair if I enter that number on the other device? The carpc
has the gnome bluetooth applet running that takes care of pairing right
now. Would I have to disable that? I don't see any options in it to
accomplish what I want.

Thanks for any help

by Laurent BARBIER

look at /etc/bluetooth/hcid.conf, the answer is in the option section

Laurent

Xamindar a =E9crit :