2006-11-24 20:34:39

by Andy Spencer

Subject: [Bluez-users] Blank events file

I've been trying to get a wiimote to work with linux and have been
able to connect to it using hidd and an eventX file is created in
/dev/input/ but when I try to read from it I get no data. Using
hicdump I can recieve data on button presses so I would think that
data should be sent to the event file and I was wondering why it's
not.

I don't know if it's important but towards the end of the connection
output from hcidump and right after the "HIDP: Set protocol: Boot
protocol" request I get the following message:
> ACL data: handle 46 flags 0x02 dlen 5
L2CAP(d): cid 0x0040 len 1 [psm 17]
HIDP: Handshake: Unsupported request

by Marcel Holtmann

Subject: Re: [Bluez-users] Blank events file

Hi Andy,

> I've been trying to get a wiimote to work with linux and have been
> able to connect to it using hidd and an eventX file is created in
> /dev/input/ but when I try to read from it I get no data. Using
> hicdump I can recieve data on button presses so I would think that
> data should be sent to the event file and I was wondering why it's
> not.
>
> I don't know if it's important but towards the end of the connection
> output from hcidump and right after the "HIDP: Set protocol: Boot
> protocol" request I get the following message:
> > ACL data: handle 46 flags 0x02 dlen 5
> L2CAP(d): cid 0x0040 len 1 [psm 17]
> HIDP: Handshake: Unsupported request

you might wanna try my -mh kernel patch with the HID report mode
protocol support.

Regards

Marcel