2004-03-18 13:16:29

by ALBERT RIBAS GUASCH

Subject: [Bluez-users] problem with hciconfig

Hello all

I've just installed with no problems

bluez-kernel 2.3
bluez-libs-2.5
bluez-utils-2.4
bluez-sdp-1.5
bluez-pan-1.1

in a red hat 7.3 with kernel 2.4.18.

I connect an USB bluetooth device and when I do
hciconfig, there is no output. What can I do???

Thank you all!!

by Marcel Holtmann

Subject: Re: [Bluez-users] problem with hciconfig

Hi Albert,

> I've just installed with no problems
>
> bluez-kernel 2.3
> bluez-libs-2.5
> bluez-utils-2.4
> bluez-sdp-1.5
> bluez-pan-1.1
>
> in a red hat 7.3 with kernel 2.4.18.
>
> I connect an USB bluetooth device and when I do
> hciconfig, there is no output. What can I do???

load the hci_usb and the correct USB host controller driver for your
machine. And btw bluez-kernel-2.3 is deprecated and I don't support it
anymore.

Regards

Marcel