2007-02-27 10:10:13

by Choi Sonim

Subject: [Bluez-users] pairing from bluez

hello all,

how can i initiate pairing from bluez ?
even when I send a file using kbtobexclient, there is no
pairing proces..
is there an application for initiating pairing ?

thank you all
choi

by walt shekrota

Subject: Re: [Bluez-users] current Bluez document describing

Timur Alperovich <[email protected]> wrote: Hi there,

When I was figuring out how to program some network apps over bluetooth the following guide seemed to be pretty helpful: http://people.csail.mit.edu/albert/bluez-intro/

Hope that helps,
Timur

Thanks for that info!

>No idea what's your question. Be more specific.

Ok rfcomm is the transport protocol?
In the conf file does the 'device' describe the otherside ie headset, phone etc?
or is it the address of dongle?
It says just 'device' as comment in rfcomm.conf!
To use a headset with my computer and a bt dongle does it require this device be
defined in that file?

The thing I found redundant and confusing is that when communicating with a remote bt like a headset the address is set both in rfcomm.conf and as arg to btsco? Is my understanding incorrect? I did not see clear description of rfcomm.conf anywhere.

Thanks
-Walt

---------------------------------

(No filename) (345.00 B)
(No filename) (164.00 B)

by Timur Alperovich

On 2/27/07, walt shekrota <[email protected]> wrote:

> >> There is a lot of outdated doc out there for this. It has even been
> admitted
> >> here.
> >> What is the current sanctioned webpage or document that describes it?
>
> >BlueZ itself changed quite a lot in the last two years. Feel free to use
> >wiki.bluez.org to create some state of the art documentation.
>
> Well this is an official place I guess but it has little?
> I am not suggesting who should but thought an official place might
> contain at least the most recent pertinant info.
> To tell me to do it is a chicken/egg thing I know nothing.
> :)
>
> >> or what does rfcomm do and how
> >>what is the device named in rfcomm.conf? (the dongle?)
> >>Maybe the comment might say that if it is.
> >> Saying 'the device' is rather obtuse.
>
> >No idea what's your question. Be more specific.
>
> Ok rfcomm is the transport protocol?
> In the conf file does the 'device' describe the otherside ie headset,
> phone etc?
> or is it the address of dongle?
> It says just 'device' as comment in rfcomm.conf!
> To use a headset with my computer and a bt dongle does it require this
> device be
> defined in that file?
>
> Thanks for any help. This may not thread I still did not get the email.
> -Walt
>
> ------------------------------
> Don't be flakey. Get Yahoo! Mail for Mobile<http://us.rd.yahoo.com/evt=43909/*http://mobile.yahoo.com/mail>and
> always stay connected<http://us.rd.yahoo.com/evt=43909/*http://mobile.yahoo.com/mail>to friends.

(No filename) (2.20 kB)
(No filename) (3.47 kB)
(No filename) (345.00 B)
(No filename) (164.00 B)

by walt shekrota

>> There is a lot of outdated doc out there for this. It has even been admitted
>> here.
>> What is the current sanctioned webpage or document that describes it?

>BlueZ itself changed quite a lot in the last two years. Feel free to use
>wiki.bluez.org to create some state of the art documentation.

Well this is an official place I guess but it has little?
I am not suggesting who should but thought an official place might
contain at least the most recent pertinant info.
To tell me to do it is a chicken/egg thing I know nothing.
:)

>> or what does rfcomm do and how
>>what is the device named in rfcomm.conf? (the dongle?)
>>Maybe the comment might say that if it is.
>> Saying 'the device' is rather obtuse.

>No idea what's your question. Be more specific.

Ok rfcomm is the transport protocol?
In the conf file does the 'device' describe the otherside ie headset, phone etc?
or is it the address of dongle?
It says just 'device' as comment in rfcomm.conf!
To use a headset with my computer and a bt dongle does it require this device be
defined in that file?

Thanks for any help. This may not thread I still did not get the email.
-Walt

---------------------------------
always stay connected to friends.

Attachments:
(No filename) (345.00 B)
(No filename) (164.00 B)

by Choi Sonim

Subject: Re: [Bluez-users] pairing from bluez

hi peter,

On 2/27/07, Peter Valdemar M=F8rch <[email protected]> wrote:
> Choi Sonim choisonim-at-gmail.com |Lists| wrote:
> > how can i initiate pairing from bluez ?
> > even when I send a file using kbtobexclient, there is no
> > pairing proces..
> > is there an application for initiating pairing ?

> Even when client programs such as gnokii do initiate pairing when

can you please tell me what client programs initiate pairing ?
i already tried ftpc and oppc and both didn't do pairing...

thank you
choi

by Peter Valdemar Mørch

Choi Sonim choisonim-at-gmail.com |Lists| wrote:
> how can i initiate pairing from bluez ?
> even when I send a file using kbtobexclient, there is no
> pairing proces..
> is there an application for initiating pairing ?

Alas, I don't know the answer, but I find this a very good question.

Even when client programs such as gnokii do initiate pairing when =

necessary it would be great to know how to do a pairing that is =

independent of any client program, so any problems can be isolated =

between bluez and the client program. I had problems with gnokii giving =

a very obscure error message, only later to discover that the pairing =

wasn't working.

Peter
-- =

Peter Valdemar M=F8rch