2007-02-11 16:35:42

by Timur Alperovich

Subject: [Bluez-users] connect() returns "Operation already in progress"

Hi there,

I'm trying to write a simple client/server application to communicate
between a Motorola A780 phone and a bluetooth usb dongle. Interestingly
enough when I run the server application on my laptop, to which the dongle
is attached, the client application on the phone returns "Operation already
in progress" when connect is called. On the other hand, when I run the
server on the phone and connect from my laptop, it works fine. What could be
causing this?

The usb dongle is a Targus ACB10US, with broadcom chipset. The device on the
Motorola phone is a Broadcom BCM2035.

I attached the code for the server and client programs.

Thank you,
Timur

Attachments:
(No filename) (657.00 B)
(No filename) (704.00 B)
client.cc (2.58 kB)
server.cc (4.86 kB)
(No filename) (374.00 B)
(No filename) (164.00 B)

by Marcel Holtmann

Hi Timur,

> I'm trying to write a simple client/server application to communicate
> between a Motorola A780 phone and a bluetooth usb dongle.
> Interestingly enough when I run the server application on my laptop,
> to which the dongle is attached, the client application on the phone
> returns "Operation already in progress" when connect is called. On the
> other hand, when I run the server on the phone and connect from my
> laptop, it works fine. What could be causing this?

run "hcidump -X -V" to see what is causing this error message.

Regards

Marcel