2007-02-19 22:01:04

by Timur Alperovich

Subject: [Bluez-users] Iscan turning off

Hi,

I'm using bluez utils 3.7 and I try to put the bluetooth card in my laptop
in piscan mode. The operation succeeds, but after a relatively short period
of time (about 10 minutes), the card goes back to just pscan. The reason I'd
like to have iscan is that my laptop does not appear to be discoverable
without it. Could anyone suggest what may be the issue? I am attaching my
hcid.conf file.

Thank you,
Timur

#
# HCI daemon configuration file.
#

# HCId options
options {
# Automatically initialize new devices
autoinit yes;

# Security Manager mode
# none - Security manager disabled
# auto - Use local PIN for incoming connections
# user - Always ask user for a PIN
#
security user;

# Pairing mode
# none - Pairing disabled
# multi - Allow pairing with already paired devices
# once - Pair once and deny successive attempts
pairing multi;

# Default PIN code for incoming connections
passkey "1234";
}

# Default settings for HCI devices
device {
# Local device name
# %d - device id
# %h - host name
name "Timur-blue";

# Local device class
class 0x3e0100;

# Default packet type
#pkt_type DH1,DM1,HV1;

# Inquiry and Page scan
pscan enable; iscan enable;

# Default link mode
# none - no specific policy
# accept - always accept incoming connections
# master - become master on incoming connections,
# deny role switch on outgoing connections
lm accept;

# Default link policy
# none - no specific policy
# rswitch - allow role switch
# hold - allow hold mode
# sniff - allow sniff mode
# park - allow park mode
lp rswitch,hold,sniff,park;
}

Attachments:
(No filename) (1.87 kB)
(No filename) (3.68 kB)
(No filename) (345.00 B)
(No filename) (164.00 B)

by Eric Estievenart

Subject: Re: [Bluez-users] Iscan turning off

Timur Alperovich wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I'm using bluez utils 3.7 and I try to put the bluetooth card in my
> laptop in piscan mode. The operation succeeds, but after a relatively
> short period of time (about 10 minutes), the card goes back to just
> pscan. The reason I'd like to have iscan is that my laptop does not
> appear to be discoverable without it. Could anyone suggest what may be
> the issue? I am attaching my hcid.conf file.

in device {} section, add:

discovto 0;

This set the iscan timeout to 0 otherwise hcid will
put back the device in non-discoverable mode after
some time (for security reasons).

people, isn't there an FAQ for that (other than /faq.html) ?

Cheers.

--
Eric