2005-08-25 21:59:54

by lists

Subject: [Bluez-users] send appointment to cellular phone

hey,

i'm just programming a shopping list for my flat-sharing-folks and
want to distribute shopping-lists as appointments onto our cellular
phones.

well, i have some early testing experience with bluez about 2 years
ago (with multisync). but now i just want to send an appointment
(.ics file) to my device (i.e Siemens S55) and accept it there as
appointment in my calendar.

i tried to send a single .ics file via obexftp, but it's just placed
on the file-system of my phone. no question whether i want to import
it to the calendar.

does anyone have a hint, how i should send this and in what format?

i think it should work for any device (same as early irda sending
appointments/vcards).

kind regards,
ralph.

by Taneli Vähäkangas

On Thu, 2005-08-25 at 23:59 +0200, lists wrote:
> hey,
>
> i'm just programming a shopping list for my flat-sharing-folks and
> want to distribute shopping-lists as appointments onto our cellular
> phones.
>
> well, i have some early testing experience with bluez about 2 years
> ago (with multisync). but now i just want to send an appointment
> (.ics file) to my device (i.e Siemens S55) and accept it there as
> appointment in my calendar.
>
> i tried to send a single .ics file via obexftp, but it's just placed
> on the file-system of my phone. no question whether i want to import
> it to the calendar.
>
> does anyone have a hint, how i should send this and in what format?

Have you tried obex object push (OPUSH) instead of obexftp? At least
with Nokia phones there is a tremendous difference between the two.

Taneli