2008-02-20 14:04:56

by Mohamed kash

Subject: [Bluez-users] I need the list of bluetooth II class 1 (100m) adapters that work with BlueZ

Dear All,

I want to purchase a USB bluetooth adapter that is Bluetooth II class 1,
3Mbit transfer rate. I need to know which adapter works with Bluez.

thanks

Attachments:
(No filename) (160.00 B)
(No filename) (176.00 B)
(No filename) (228.00 B)
(No filename) (164.00 B)

by Brad Midgley

Hey

You might get close to 100m but you'll probably have to have class 1
adapters with external antennas on both sides.

--
Brad

by Mohamed kash

Did anybody try a bluetooth adapter that has an actual range close to 100
meters or more than 50 meters?

On Wed, Feb 20, 2008 at 4:40 PM, Odysseus Flappington <[email protected]>
wrote:

> im using this dongle on ubuntu, but i definitely havent tried the
> 100-150 meter range. sounds a bit extreme to be honest.
>
> anyone else?
>
> On 20/02/2008, Mohamed kash <[email protected]> wrote:
> > Have you tried this bluetooth dongle? does it really reach 100-150
> meters
> > range? how can i know the actual range since I need an adapter that can
> > really reach close to 100 meters.
> >
> > i appreciate your help
> >

> > On Wed, Feb 20, 2008 at 4:26 PM, Odysseus Flappington
> > <[email protected]> wrote:
> > >

> http://www.edimax.co.uk/en/produce_detail.php?pd_id=126&pl1_id=13&pl2_id=43

> class 1,

(No filename) (2.02 kB)
(No filename) (3.40 kB)
(No filename) (228.00 B)
(No filename) (164.00 B)

by Alexander H Deriziotis

im using this dongle on ubuntu, but i definitely havent tried the
100-150 meter range. sounds a bit extreme to be honest.

anyone else?

On 20/02/2008, Mohamed kash <[email protected]> wrote:
> Have you tried this bluetooth dongle? does it really reach 100-150 meters
> range? how can i know the actual range since I need an adapter that can
> really reach close to 100 meters.
>
> i appreciate your help
>

> On Wed, Feb 20, 2008 at 4:26 PM, Odysseus Flappington
> <[email protected]> wrote:
> >
> http://www.edimax.co.uk/en/produce_detail.php?pd_id=126&pl1_id=13&pl2_id=43
> >

> > On 20/02/2008, Mohamed kash <[email protected]> wrote:
> > > Dear All,
> > >
> > > I want to purchase a USB bluetooth adapter that is Bluetooth II class 1,
> > > 3Mbit transfer rate. I need to know which adapter works with Bluez.
> > >
> > > thanks

by Mohamed kash

wrote:

> http://www.edimax.co.uk/en/produce_detail.php?pd_id=126&pl1_id=13&pl2_id=43
>
> On 20/02/2008, Mohamed kash <[email protected]> wrote:
> > Dear All,
> >
> > I want to purchase a USB bluetooth adapter that is Bluetooth II class 1,
> > 3Mbit transfer rate. I need to know which adapter works with Bluez.
> >
> > thanks

(No filename) (1.43 kB)
(No filename) (2.46 kB)
(No filename) (228.00 B)