2005-08-25 08:53:21

by Nacho Alastruey Benedé

Subject: [Bluez-users] Power and Signal Strength Measurements

Hello:

This is my first post in this list. I have been=20
reading in the archives in order not to repeat my questions.
I'm a researcher from University of Zaragoza and=20
I'm new in the use of Linux and BlueZ.

I need to get measurements of Power and Signal=20
Strength of Bluetooth connections and I wonder if=20
there's a way to visualize those characteristics.

I've recently installed Fedora Core 4. I think=20
BlueZ comes with that package and I also made a yum install to check it.

I've seen in the web page of kdebluetooth a=20
screenshot of an application which seems very=20
interesting in order to monitor the signal=20
strenght but I have not been able to find it=20
despite I've installed kdebluetooth.

I've also read the very interesting post "hcitool=20
and rssi value" of this list and I would appreciate any help in this=
subject.

What's the best way to make power measurements in=20
order to estimate the coverage range between 2 Bluetooth devices?

Thanks in advance.

Nacho

--=20

Nacho Alastruey Bened=E9

Laboratorio de Redes y Servicios M=F3viles
Instituto de Investigaci=F3n de Ingenier=EDa de Arag=F3n, I3A
Laboratorios Universidad de Zaragoza P.T. Walqa
Crrtra. Zaragoza Nacional 330a Km.566
22197 Cuarte (HUESCA)
Tfno.: +34 974 299207
e-mail: [email protected]