2005-08-29 18:35:50

by Nacho Alastruey Benedé

Subject: [Bluez-users] 0 bytes from L2PING

Hello:

One fast question:

I execute a L2PING command and you get "0 bytes from ...."

Is that OK or should I receive the number of bytes specified with -s option?

Please just answer if it's a fast and easy answer=20
for you. I do not want to disturb anybody because=20
I haven't investigated too much about this

Thanks in advance

--=20

Nacho Alastruey Bened=E9

Laboratorio de Redes y Servicios M=F3viles
Instituto de Investigaci=F3n de Ingenier=EDa de Arag=F3n, I3A
Laboratorios Universidad de Zaragoza P.T. Walqa
Crrtra. Zaragoza Nacional 330a Km.566
22197 Cuarte (HUESCA)
Tfno.: +34 974 299207
e-mail: [email protected]
http://redesmoviles.unizar.es

by Marcel Holtmann

Subject: Re: [Bluez-users] 0 bytes from L2PING

Hi Nacho,

> One fast question:
>
> I execute a L2PING command and you get "0 bytes from ...."
>
> Is that OK or should I receive the number of bytes specified with -s option?

according to the specification the remote side can return any payload it
likes. So 0 byte responses are fine.

Regards

Marcel