2008-05-29 17:30:30

by Ram kumar

Subject: [Bluez-users] bluez-utils for embedded platform cross compilation

hi,
We are planning to use a Bluetooth module in our embedded platform.I
have running arm-linux kernel with a version 2.6.24.

I have also enabled the bluetooth support in the
menuconfig->networking->bluetooth support.Iam assuming this will enable the
bluez stack.Please let me know if iam wrong!!!!!

I know that bluez stack has been integrated in to the 2.6.24 kernel.I hope i
can enable the BT stack with kernel menuconfig.Please correct me if iam
wrong.

But i would like to know whether bluez-utils will cross-compile to arm
platform.?

any suggestions to support bluetooth for my embedded platform will be
helpful to me ?

Note:Iam using wi2wi combo module,that has both bluetooth and wifi
capability and the bluetooth is from CSR and model is BC04 with uart
interface to host processor AT91SAM9260.

Regards,
Ram

Attachments:
(No filename) (825.00 B)
(No filename) (929.00 B)
(No filename) (228.00 B)
(No filename) (164.00 B)

by Fritz Code

I'm running bluez utils/libs on an arm9 linux platform, so far it works
perfectly fine.
however I'm using Kernel 2.4.21, with 2.6er the support is even better.

--Fritz

On Thu, May 29, 2008 at 7:30 PM, Ram kumar <[email protected]>
wrote:

> hi,
> We are planning to use a Bluetooth module in our embedded platform.I
> have running arm-linux kernel with a version 2.6.24.
>
> I have also enabled the bluetooth support in the
> menuconfig->networking->bluetooth support.Iam assuming this will enable the
> bluez stack.Please let me know if iam wrong!!!!!
>
> I know that bluez stack has been integrated in to the 2.6.24 kernel.I hope
> i can enable the BT stack with kernel menuconfig.Please correct me if iam
> wrong.
>
> But i would like to know whether bluez-utils will cross-compile to arm
> platform.?
>
> any suggestions to support bluetooth for my embedded platform will be
> helpful to me ?
>
> Note:Iam using wi2wi combo module,that has both bluetooth and wifi
> capability and the bluetooth is from CSR and model is BC04 with uart
> interface to host processor AT91SAM9260.
>
> Regards,
> Ram

--Codefritz

Attachments:
(No filename) (1.52 kB)
(No filename) (2.16 kB)
(No filename) (228.00 B)
(No filename) (164.00 B)

by Marcel Holtmann

Hi Ram,

> We are planning to use a Bluetooth module in our embedded
> platform.I have running arm-linux kernel with a version 2.6.24.
>
> I have also enabled the bluetooth support in the menuconfig-
> >networking->bluetooth support.Iam assuming this will enable the
> bluez stack.Please let me know if iam wrong!!!!!
>
> I know that bluez stack has been integrated in to the 2.6.24
> kernel.I hope i can enable the BT stack with kernel
> menuconfig.Please correct me if iam wrong.

that is perfectly fine.

> But i would like to know whether bluez-utils will cross-compile to
> arm platform.?

Yes, that works, too.

Regards

Marcel