2007-08-20 15:24:03

by John Sample

Subject: Re: [Bluez-users] Fwd: hcitool scan problem

Hi Marcel,

Thanks for the reply. I ran the hcidump with hcitool scan and it appears
that the inquiry retrieves all of the correct addresses, but when it does a
remote name request the addresses are all scrambled. There is also an
occassional "Error: Invalid HCI Command Parameters" following the name
request. Any idea what is causing this to happen?

Thanks.

Hi John,

> I am having a problem with the hcitool scan command (v3.13) using the
> 2.6.21 kernel, as well as 2.6.23. Here is my output:
>
> Scanning ...
> 3A:5E:11:6B:00:00 n/a
> 38:C1:5E:35:3F:D9 n/a
> C5:2B:F4:F7:3C:6A n/a
> 3A:75:F9:65:1A:02 n/a.
> 38:C1:60:35:1A:F6 n/a
>
> All of the addresses are partially junk for some reason - for example
> 38:C1:60:35:1A:F6 should be 00:16:38:C1:60:35, and no name are
> returned. This seems to effect other tools as well, for example if I
> do try to do a hidd search I can't detect anything even if there are
> discoverable hid devices around - I'm guessing because it doesn't have
> valid addresses. Previously I had been using the 2.6.10 kernel and
> everything worked fine.

run "hcidump -X -V" and compare the output.

Regards

Marcel

--
John Sample