2007-08-30 18:53:49

by John Sample

Subject: [Bluez-users] BlueZ Hcid and D-Bus On ARM

Has anyone here gotten hcid to connect to D-Bus on an embedded ARM system?
I can get the dbus system daemon up an running, but everytime I start hcid
it dies right away and I get a "couldn't connect to D-Bus" message in my
syslog. I don't know what else to even try - any suggestions?

--
John Sample

Attachments:
(No filename) (303.00 B)
(No filename) (355.00 B)
(No filename) (315.00 B)
(No filename) (164.00 B)

by giulio fedel

Subject: Re: [Bluez-users] BlueZ Hcid and D-Bus On ARM

Yes,
I'm working on an arm platform (at91rm9200) and it works.
kernel 2.6.22
dbus 1.0.2
bluez 3.14
It is important that dbus and hcid use the same file location for the
socket:
[--prefix=]/var/run/dbus/system_bus_socket
where --prefix is /usr/local by default or something you specified
during configure phase.
dbus-daemon read it from etc/dbus-1/system.conf <listen>...</listen> line,
it not clear to me where hcid read it or if it uses only the default.
use hcid -n option (and the strace utility) to understand something more...

Giulio

John Sample wrote:
> Has anyone here gotten hcid to connect to D-Bus on an embedded ARM
> system? I can get the dbus system daemon up an running, but everytime I
> start hcid it dies right away and I get a "couldn't connect to D-Bus"
> message in my syslog. I don't know what else to even try - any
> suggestions?
>
> --
> John Sample

by wimpunk

John Sample wrote:
> Has anyone here gotten hcid to connect to D-Bus on an embedded ARM
> system? I can get the dbus system daemon up an running, but everytime I
> start hcid it dies right away and I get a "couldn't connect to D-Bus"
> message in my syslog. I don't know what else to even try - any
> suggestions?

John, I have the same problem. Are you using kernel 2.4?
I think my problem is related to a missing sysfs but I didn't had time
to check that out.