2005-08-25 06:48:02

by Russell Senior

Subject: [Bluez-users] rfcomm bind as unpriveledged user?

Is it possible to rfcomm bind as an unpriveledged user? My naive
attempts, e.g.:

$ rfcomm bind 0 xx:xx:xx:xx:xx:xx
Can't create device: Operation not permitted

... are obviously not working. Works fine as root.

This is on a Debian/unstable box, custom-compiled vanilla kernel
v2.6.12.4, with udev 0.068-1.

Any hints?

Thanks!

--
Russell Senior ``I have nine fingers; you have ten.''

by Marcel Holtmann

Subject: Re: [Bluez-users] rfcomm bind as unpriveledged user?

Hi Russell,

> Is it possible to rfcomm bind as an unpriveledged user? My naive
> attempts, e.g.:
>
> $ rfcomm bind 0 xx:xx:xx:xx:xx:xx
> Can't create device: Operation not permitted
>
> ... are obviously not working. Works fine as root.
>
> This is on a Debian/unstable box, custom-compiled vanilla kernel
> v2.6.12.4, with udev 0.068-1.

this has been done on purpose. You can use connect as normal user.

Regards

Marcel