2007-09-17 21:49:30

by suman

Subject: [Bluez-users] serial bluetooth adapter............

hi all
I have some confusion in using bluez. I am trying to communicate my pc(Linux) with an arm board (LPC2129-ARM7). this board doesn't support usb. i want to use a serial bluetooth adapter.
Now i want to know that can i use the BlueZ protocol i.e RFCOMM/L2CAP/SDP to communicate with the board with bluetooth serial adapter. or will it support only SPP(Serial Port Protocol). i need to know before i buy the serial blouetooth adapter as it costs $100 .
so can any body tell me what services i can use with a serial bluetooth adapter under BlueZ enviroment. or any suggestions are most welcome.
Thanks in advance

Details:-
Linux:-2.6.21 kernel
Bluez:-latest
Serial Adapter(Plug and Play)
Model # GBS301
Manufacture :-IOGEAR

-------------------------------------
M.suman
IIIT pune ,hinjawadi

http://autos.yahoo.com/index.html

Attachments:
(No filename) (228.00 B)
(No filename) (164.00 B)

by Shane Volpe

Subject: Re: [Bluez-users] serial bluetooth adapter............

M.suman,
If it is a HCI Serial Bluetooth IC then bluez will work just fine.
You will need to use hciattach to connect the serial port bluetooth.
You can read the MAN on hciattach but here is an example of using it:
hciattach /dev/ttyS1 csr 921600 CRTSCTS

ttyS1 is were my serial bluetooth is at and csr is the chip set.

Just make sure hciattach supports the chipset of the serial Bluetooth
you want to use.
FYI:
I'm using a BlueRadios serial bluetooth.

Regards,
Shane

On 9/17/07, suman <[email protected]> wrote:

> hi all
> I have some confusion in using bluez. I am trying to communicate my
> pc(Linux) with an arm board (LPC2129-ARM7). this board doesn't support usb.
> i want to use a serial bluetooth adapter.
> Now i want to know that can i use the BlueZ protocol i.e
> RFCOMM/L2CAP/SDP to communicate with the board with bluetooth serial
> adapter. or will it support only SPP(Serial Port Protocol). i need to know
> before i buy the serial blouetooth adapter as it costs $100 .
> so can any body tell me what services i can use with a serial
> bluetooth adapter under BlueZ enviroment. or any suggestions are most
> welcome.
> Thanks in advance
>

> Details:-
> Linux:-2.6.21 kernel