2008-05-20 01:51:27

by Yuchih Liu

Subject: [Bluez-users] Is there any way to see baseband packet?

Hi,
I would like to see LT-addr field in the baseband packet.
Is there any way to see baseband packet instead of hcidump HCI packet?
I know one of the solution is to use Bluetooth Protocol Analyzer(ex.
FTS4BT).
But since I have usb Bluetooth adapter to receive baseband packets from air,
it is possible to dump baseband packet, right?

Hope somebody could help me or give me some direction.
Thanks very much!

Yuchih

Attachments:
(No filename) (417.00 B)
(No filename) (461.00 B)
(No filename) (230.00 B)
(No filename) (164.00 B)

by Marcel Holtmann

Hi Yuchih,

> I would like to see LT-addr field in the baseband packet.
> Is there any way to see baseband packet instead of hcidump HCI packet?
> I know one of the solution is to use Bluetooth Protocol Analyzer(ex.
> FTS4BT).
> But since I have usb Bluetooth adapter to receive baseband packets
> from air,
> it is possible to dump baseband packet, right?

with a normal dongle this is not possible. You need a sniffer for it.

Regards

Marcel