2004-04-01 09:36:37

by ALBERT RIBAS GUASCH

Subject: [Bluez-users] need to patch 2.4.24 kernel?

Hello

I find that some utils like l2test,scotest, hciemud
and hcidump cannot be found in the system, so I
would like to know if I need to patch this kernel
with one of your patches or do I need to install
bluez-utlis and bluez-libs (I thought they were
included in the kernel) in order to have these utils??.

Yhank you and sorry for my bad english!!!

;)

Albert

by Marcel Holtmann

Subject: Re: [Bluez-users] need to patch 2.4.24 kernel?

Hi Albert,

> I find that some utils like l2test,scotest, hciemud
> and hcidump cannot be found in the system, so I
> would like to know if I need to patch this kernel
> with one of your patches or do I need to install
> bluez-utlis and bluez-libs (I thought they were
> included in the kernel) in order to have these utils??.

utilities are never included in the kernel. The *test programs are part
of bluez-utils and they are never installed by default. The hcidump and
hciemu are seperate source packages.

Regards

Marcel