2005-12-02 10:22:30

by Arpit Rai

Subject: [Bluez-users] Definition of hci_conn_info_req

Hi

Another basic question.The statement below is a request to establish
connection with a remote device,right?

struct hci_conn_info_req *cr;
cr = malloc(sizeof(*cr) + sizeof(struct hci_conn_info));

Now,is &cr->bdaddr supposed to be the remote device bluetooth address?

When I convert this value to string and output it, it doesn't give me the
correct value for the remote bluetooth device. It returns 08:04:9A:AC:00:00.
Doesn't make sense to me.

Regards
Arpit

Attachments:
(No filename) (466.00 B)
(No filename) (557.00 B)

by Marcel Holtmann

Subject: Re: [Bluez-users] Definition of hci_conn_info_req

Hi Arpit,

> > no, it is not.
>
> What does hci_conn_info_req do then?Any documentation anywhere?I'm
> kinda lost with all the Bluez code.

you can get information about the current established connections.

> > Depends on how you convert the address. Use ba2str().
>
> Yes I'm using ba2str to convert.My question is, should &cr->bdaddr
> contain the address of the remote bluetooth device?
>
> char add[18];
> struct hci_conn_info_req *cr;
> cr = malloc(sizeof(*cr) + sizeof(struct hci_conn_info));
> bacpy( &cr->bdaddr, &bdaddr );
> ba2str( &bdaddr, add);
> printf("Bluetooth address-remote device: %s \n", add);
> cr->type = ACL_LINK;
>
> Everytime I run the executable C, I get a different value for
> &cr->bdaddr.

Where does bdaddr come from?

Regards

Marcel

by Arpit Rai

Hi Marcel

On 12/2/05, Marcel Holtmann <[email protected]> wrote:

> Hi Arpit,
>
> > Another basic question.The statement below is a request to establish
> > connection with a remote device,right?
>
> no, it is not.
>
> > struct hci_conn_info_req *cr;
> > cr = malloc(sizeof(*cr) + sizeof(struct hci_conn_info));
> >
> > Now,is &cr->bdaddr supposed to be the remote device bluetooth address?
> >
> > When I convert this value to string and output it, it doesn't give me
> > the correct value for the remote bluetooth device. It returns
> > 08:04:9A:AC:00:00. Doesn't make sense to me.
>
> Depends on how you convert the address. Use ba2str().
>
> Regards
>
> Marcel

(No filename) (1.80 kB)
(No filename) (2.65 kB)