2005-12-05 08:29:21

by Swathi Mathur80

Subject: [Bluez-users] audio transfer from an pc and an headset (one way communication)

Hello,
I want to do an audio transfer from an PC to an
headset and not from an headset to an PC. I think i
don't need the ALSA module as i don't intend to play
the audio file on my PC. Can someone tell me what all
the modules needed to be installed and what are the
commands needed to do an audio transfer.
I have posted this question many times, so far it was
in vain. I hope may be this time someone would take
out their time in answering my query.
Thanks and Warm Regards,
Swathi

by Brad Midgley

Subject: Re: [Bluez-users] Bluetooth-alsa Project :::: Not clear documentation

Swathi

> Can i know where can i download the packages
> libbluetooth-dev, libasound2-dev ?

this depends on your distribution of linux. search the available
packages and ask your distro maker.

> 2)Using SCO audio
>
> 1. insert the module (or better, set up the alsa
> configuration to load it)
> modprobe snd_bt_sco

cd to "kernel" and if the file isn't already there, run make and you'll
generate snd_bt_sco.ko

brad

by Swathi Mathur80

Hello,
The site "http://bluetooth-alsa.sourceforge.net/"
which discusses how to use a bluetooth headset with
Linux, the steps explained in it is not at all clear
for example he asks us to
# Install or update the required packages:

* automake-1.7
* libbluetooth-dev (aka libbluetooth-devel or
bluetooth-devel or bluez-libs)
* libasound2-dev (aka alsa-devel)
* a recent (2.6.11.7 or newer) kernel with
*integrated* alsa enabled (it won't work with the
"standalone" alsa drivers that are a separate download
from the kernel)

Can i know where can i download the packages
libbluetooth-dev, libasound2-dev ?

2)Using SCO audio

1. insert the module (or better, set up the alsa
configuration to load it)
modprobe snd_bt_sco

Can somebody tell me where to find this snd_bt_sco
modlue ?

Pls somebody help me with this or give a clear picture
of how to proceed as i am stuck.

Thanks & Warm Regards,
Swathi

--- Andreas Beck <[email protected]> wrote:

> Swathi Mathur80 <[email protected]> wrote:
> > I want to do an audio transfer from an PC to an
> > headset and not from an headset to an PC.
>
> Direction doesn't quite matter, as it is a
> bidirectional link.
>
> > I think i don't need the ALSA module as i don't
> intend to play
> > the audio file on my PC.
>
> Wrong. You need it, as the headset gets mapped as an
> audio device
> on the PC.
>
> > Can someone tell me what all the modules needed to
> be installed
>
> Read the bluetooth-alsa pages at
> http://bluetooth-alsa.sourceforge.net/
>

> CU, Andy
>
> --
> = Andreas Beck | Email :
> <[email protected]> =

> you grep through log files
> for problems? Stop! Download the new AJAX search
> engine that makes
> searching your log files as easy as surfing the
> web. DOWNLOAD SPLUNK!

by Steve Winston

I believe that if this is what you want to do; you *can* just write a
program to send audio down the link to any qualified device (including your
headset). Bluetooth's API is very similar to plain old TCP/IP network
programing so this isn't a very cumbersome task. If you wish to set up the
headset as a device and send audio to it, you should probably look into
doing the ALSA method described at http://bluetooth-alsa.sourceforge.net.
After you have it all setup, just mute the mic and you'll achieve the one
directional results your asking for.

On 12/5/05, Andreas Beck <[email protected]> wrote:

> Swathi Mathur80 <[email protected]> wrote:
> > I want to do an audio transfer from an PC to an
> > headset and not from an headset to an PC.
>
> Direction doesn't quite matter, as it is a bidirectional link.
>
> > I think i don't need the ALSA module as i don't intend to play
> > the audio file on my PC.
>
> Wrong. You need it, as the headset gets mapped as an audio device
> on the PC.
>
> > Can someone tell me what all the modules needed to be installed
>
> Read the bluetooth-alsa pages at http://bluetooth-alsa.sourceforge.net/
>

> CU, Andy
>
> --
> = Andreas Beck | Email : <[email protected]>
> =

(No filename) (1.73 kB)
(No filename) (2.68 kB)

by Andreas Beck