2004-01-08 13:10:48

by [email protected]

Subject: [Bluez-users] New bc203x driver (forget previous email with wrong subject :-)

Hi all,

excuse the easy questions but i never use usb devices with linux and
hotplug; how it is intended to use the bcm203x driver? Has the firmware to
be put in some particular location?

Also, the hotplug configuration which started the bluefw program has to be
removed? And how?

Am I missing some documentation? Or I'm i the wrong place? :-)

Using Gentoo and kernel 2.6.0-mh2

Thanks

by Marcel Holtmann

Subject: Re: [Bluez-users] New bc203x driver

Hi,

> excuse the easy questions but i never use usb devices with linux and
> hotplug; how it is intended to use the bcm203x driver? Has the firmware to
> be put in some particular location?

my setup has it this way

/etc/hotplug/firmware.agent
/usr/lib/hotplug/firmware/BCM2033-MD.hex
/usr/lib/hotplug/firmware/BCM2033-FW.bin

> Also, the hotplug configuration which started the bluefw program has to be
> removed? And how?

Check /etc/hotplug/usb.usermap or /etc/hotplug/usb/* for the bluefw
entry.

> Am I missing some documentation? Or I'm i the wrong place? :-)

The place is right, but I haven't written any documentation about this
new driver. I only wrote this driver for myself and made it public.

Regards

Marcel