2004-03-27 14:04:32

by Ronan Naughton

Subject: Re: [Bluez-users] Bluetooth Scatternet

Ya, I can do that. I can connect to one pan using bnep0 acting as a slave.
Then I can make it a master on bnep1 and conncet to it form another pc. When
I do "pand --show", it shows both interfaces bnep0 and bnep1 and their
connections.
However, I cannot communicate between the two networks. When I even try to
ping the master of the other network it comes up host unreachable. I don't
know why this is?
Ronan.

>From: Marcel Holtmann <[email protected]>
>To: Ronan Naughton <[email protected]>
>CC: BlueZ Mailing List <[email protected]>
>Subject: Re: [Bluez-users] Bluetooth Scatternet
>Date: Fri, 26 Mar 2004 00:37:08 +0100
>
>Hi Ronan,
>
> > Has anyone ever implemented a bluetooth scatternet using pan over bnep.
> > I have two simple piconets running at the moment and want to join them.
>How
> > will I assign it so that a node can be a slave in both piconets. Do i
>need
> > two bnep connections. Or should I have a node to be a master in one
>piconet
> > and a slave in an other. How is this implemented?
>
>you need a scatternet capable Bluetooth chip, which means a chip which
>can be master in one and slave in another or slave in two different
>piconets. Actually you form a scatternet if one of these two conditions
>are present and each connection will have its own BNEP connection.
>
>Regards
>
>Marcel

by Marcel Holtmann

Hi Ronan,

> Ya, I can do that. I can connect to one pan using bnep0 acting as a slave.
> Then I can make it a master on bnep1 and conncet to it form another pc. When
> I do "pand --show", it shows both interfaces bnep0 and bnep1 and their
> connections.
> However, I cannot communicate between the two networks. When I even try to
> ping the master of the other network it comes up host unreachable. I don't
> know why this is?

this is not a Bluetooth problem, because this is TCP/IP stuff. You
should read somehting about IP forwarding, bridging, routing etc.

Regards

Marcel