2005-01-13 17:01:13

by blookk -

Subject: [Bluez-users] BCSP problem

Hello:

I am working with CompactFlash Bluetooth BT0100M, and when I make some data
tranference or operations as hciattach or other operations I obtain these
warnings:

bcsp_recv: Short BCSP packet
bcsp_recv: Error in BCSP hdr checksum
bcsp_recv: Error in BCSP hdr checksum
bcsp_timed_event: Timeout, retransmitting 1 pkts
bcsp_recv: Short BCSP packet
bcsp_recv: Error in BCSP hdr checksum
bcsp_recv: Error in BCSP hdr checksum
bcsp_recv: Out-of-order packet arrived, got 0 expected 5
bcsp_timed_event: Timeout, retransmitting 1 pkts
bcsp_unslip_one_byte: Invalid byte a8 after esc byte
bcsp_recv: Out-of-order packet arrived, got 3 expected 2
bcsp_recv: Out-of-order packet arrived, got 4 expected 2
bcsp_recv: Out-of-order packet arrived, got 5 expected 2
bcsp_timed_event: Timeout, retransmitting 1 pkts

Is there any form to modify the timeout?
How can manage this?

Thanks and regards.

by blookk -

by Erwin Authried

Subject: Re: [Bluez-users] BCSP problem

Am Fre, den 14.01.2005 schrieb blookk - um 10:03:
> Hello Erwin:
>
> What changes have you done in hci_bcsp.c?
> Could be the error in wait_states in serial driver?
>
> I change the timeout to 1 HZ but the problem continue.
>
> Regards.
Hi,
I have posted the patch some time ago.

http://sourceforge.net/mailarchive/message.php?msg_id=9908045

Be aware that it is incomplete, it doesn't support packets with CRC. The
patch is only useful when the incoming data rate from the uart is higher
than the processing speed in the hci line discipline. What kind of
machine (cpu speed?) do you use?

Regards,
Erwin

by blookk -

Hello Erwin:

What changes have you done in hci_bcsp.c?
Could be the error in wait_states in serial driver?

I change the timeout to 1 HZ but the problem continue.

Regards.

>From: Erwin Authried <[email protected]>
>To: [email protected]
>Subject: Re: [Bluez-users] BCSP problem
>Date: Thu, 13 Jan 2005 23:11:35 +0100
>
>On Thu, 2005-01-13 at 18:01, blookk - wrote:
> > Hello:
> >
> > I am working with CompactFlash Bluetooth BT0100M, and when I make
some data
> > tranference or operations as hciattach or other operations I
obtain these
> > warnings:
> >

> > bcsp_recv: Short BCSP packet
> > bcsp_recv: Error in BCSP hdr checksum
> > bcsp_recv: Error in BCSP hdr checksum
> > bcsp_timed_event: Timeout, retransmitting 1 pkts
> > bcsp_recv: Short BCSP packet
> > bcsp_recv: Error in BCSP hdr checksum
> > bcsp_recv: Error in BCSP hdr checksum
> > bcsp_recv: Out-of-order packet arrived, got 0 expected 5
> > bcsp_timed_event: Timeout, retransmitting 1 pkts
> > bcsp_unslip_one_byte: Invalid byte a8 after esc byte
> > bcsp_recv: Out-of-order packet arrived, got 3 expected 2
> > bcsp_recv: Out-of-order packet arrived, got 4 expected 2
> > bcsp_recv: Out-of-order packet arrived, got 5 expected 2
> > bcsp_timed_event: Timeout, retransmitting 1 pkts
> >

> > Is there any form to modify the timeout?
> > How can manage this?
> >
> > Thanks and regards.
> >
>That looks like you get overrun errors in the serial driver. You can
>check /proc/tty/driver/ if there are overrun errors. I don't know your
>particular card, but generally PCMCIA/CF cards do no have a real uart
>and can send data far beyond the specified baudrate. I had to modify the
>serial driver as well as hci_bcsp.c to get rid of the errors for an
>embedded system (ARM7,40MHz).
>
>Regards,
>Erwin

by Erwin Authried

On Thu, 2005-01-13 at 18:01, blookk - wrote:
> Hello:
>
> I am working with CompactFlash Bluetooth BT0100M, and when I make some data
> tranference or operations as hciattach or other operations I obtain these
> warnings:
>

> bcsp_recv: Short BCSP packet
> bcsp_recv: Error in BCSP hdr checksum
> bcsp_recv: Error in BCSP hdr checksum
> bcsp_timed_event: Timeout, retransmitting 1 pkts
> bcsp_recv: Short BCSP packet
> bcsp_recv: Error in BCSP hdr checksum
> bcsp_recv: Error in BCSP hdr checksum
> bcsp_recv: Out-of-order packet arrived, got 0 expected 5
> bcsp_timed_event: Timeout, retransmitting 1 pkts
> bcsp_unslip_one_byte: Invalid byte a8 after esc byte
> bcsp_recv: Out-of-order packet arrived, got 3 expected 2
> bcsp_recv: Out-of-order packet arrived, got 4 expected 2
> bcsp_recv: Out-of-order packet arrived, got 5 expected 2
> bcsp_timed_event: Timeout, retransmitting 1 pkts
>

> Is there any form to modify the timeout?
> How can manage this?
>
> Thanks and regards.

That looks like you get overrun errors in the serial driver. You can
check /proc/tty/driver/ if there are overrun errors. I don't know your
particular card, but generally PCMCIA/CF cards do no have a real uart
and can send data far beyond the specified baudrate. I had to modify the
serial driver as well as hci_bcsp.c to get rid of the errors for an
embedded system (ARM7,40MHz).

Regards,
Erwin

by Marcel Holtmann

Hi,

> I do not have problems with the tools, but when I make a ftp
> connection over Bluetooth and send a file, I obtain all this BCSP
> warnings and the transmision is very slowly, the transmision only
> reachs 5 Kbytes/s.

what hciattach command do you use? What kernel do you use?

> Other cuestion, Why the device expected 2 packets, for example, and
> got more than 2 packets?. This occur in the warning like
> this: bcsp_recv: Out-of-order packet arrived, got 5 expected 2

Do you have a picture of your card somewhere? Maybe I have one at home
for testing.

Regards

Marcel

by blookk -

by Marcel Holtmann

Hi,

> I am working with CompactFlash Bluetooth BT0100M, and when I make some data
> tranference or operations as hciattach or other operations I obtain these
> warnings:
>

> bcsp_recv: Short BCSP packet
> bcsp_recv: Error in BCSP hdr checksum
> bcsp_recv: Error in BCSP hdr checksum
> bcsp_timed_event: Timeout, retransmitting 1 pkts
> bcsp_recv: Short BCSP packet
> bcsp_recv: Error in BCSP hdr checksum
> bcsp_recv: Error in BCSP hdr checksum
> bcsp_recv: Out-of-order packet arrived, got 0 expected 5
> bcsp_timed_event: Timeout, retransmitting 1 pkts
> bcsp_unslip_one_byte: Invalid byte a8 after esc byte
> bcsp_recv: Out-of-order packet arrived, got 3 expected 2
> bcsp_recv: Out-of-order packet arrived, got 4 expected 2
> bcsp_recv: Out-of-order packet arrived, got 5 expected 2
> bcsp_timed_event: Timeout, retransmitting 1 pkts
>

> Is there any form to modify the timeout?
> How can manage this?

do you have any functional problems with this card? In general you can
ignore these messages, because BCSP is able to correct mostly every
error. I am a little bit worried about the esc byte and hdr error,
because we haven't seen this so far.

Regards

Marcel