2007-02-23 06:53:21

by Kelvin Xu

Subject: [Bluez-users] PIN request for embedded Bluez

Dear all.

I have install Bluez on my ARM-board. I managed to partly established a PAN
connection to my mobile phone. However, i could not finish the connection as
my phone would require my board to respond to its PIN authentification.

I have no problem doing that on a Fedora Core 5 computer, as there will be a
prompt for the PIN.
There are however no prompt for a text-based Linux. How do i respond to the
challenge PIN in such an environment?

Thanks for any advice given

Regards,
Kelvin

Get MSN Messenger emoticons and display pictures here!
http://ilovemessenger.msn.com/?mkt=en-sg

by Marcel Holtmann

Subject: Re: [Bluez-users] PIN request for embedded Bluez

Hi Kelvin,

> I do not quite understand what u meant by using passkey-agent.c example.
> Could you elaborate a bit? Do you meant that i have to compile the file
> separately?/

it will be compiled, but not installed. It is example code. It is not
meant for daily use. It is meant for learning and demonstration purpose.

Regards

Marcel

by Kelvin Xu

Hi,

I do not quite understand what u meant by using passkey-agent.c example.
Could you elaborate a bit? Do you meant that i have to compile the file
separately?/

Regards,
Kelvin

>From: Marcel Holtmann <[email protected]>
>To: BlueZ users <[email protected]>
>Subject: Re: [Bluez-users] PIN request for embedded Bluez
>Date: Fri, 23 Feb 2007 08:08:39 +0100
>
>Hi Kelvin,
>
> > I have install Bluez on my ARM-board. I managed to partly established a
>PAN
> > connection to my mobile phone. However, i could not finish the
>connection as
> > my phone would require my board to respond to its PIN authentification.
> >
> > I have no problem doing that on a Fedora Core 5 computer, as there will
>be a
> > prompt for the PIN.
> > There are however no prompt for a text-based Linux. How do i respond to
>the
> > challenge PIN in such an environment?
>
>when running a bluez-utils-3.x you can use the passkey-agent.c example
>to enter the PIN via command line or you can easily write a program by
>yourself.
>
>Regards
>
>Marcel

by Marcel Holtmann