2007-12-10 03:03:19

by

Subject: [Bluez-users] bluez 3.23 "cannot open libasound_module_pcm_bluetooth.so" issue on A2DP

Hi all:

I just upgraded my bluez from 3.22 to 3.23.
My ./configure param is like this:
bluez-libs-3.23:
./configure --host=3Darm-linux --prefix=3D/bluetooth
bluez-utils-3.23:
./configure --host=3Darm-linux --prefix=3D/bluetooth/ --enable-test --enabl=
e-usb --enable-input --enable-serial --enable-initscripts --enable-bccmd --=
enable-cups --disable-pcmia --enable-alsa --enable-audio --enable-shared PK=
G_CONFIG=3Dpkg-config --enable-obex --enable-avctrl --enable-network --enab=
le-debug

A2DP works fine on 3.22.But I got the following error when i tried =
to play a2dp using "aplay -D bluetooth" in the 3.23:
=

/ $ aplay -D bluetooth /tmp/1.wav
ALSA lib pcm.c:2106:(snd_pcm_open_conf) Cannot open shared library /bl=
uetooth//lib/alsa-lib/libasound_module_pcm_bluetooth.so
aplay: main:546: audio open error: No such file or directory

BTW, my "libasound_module_pcm_bluetooth.so" is always in /bluetooth/lib/als=
a-lib , not /lib/alsa-lib . Because my '--prefix' is /bluetooth.

Is there anything wrong in my param of ./configure ? Or something else is =
causing the issue?

Thanks

semiyd

by

Problem solved.

from bluez 3.23 on , librt.so is required .

But there's no related error information when i used "aplay -D bluetooth".

So i used strace and found why this "cannot open libasound_module_pcm_bluet=
ooth.so" error happened.

> From: [email protected]
> To: [email protected]
> Date: Tue, 11 Dec 2007 02:57:16 +0000
> Subject: Re: [Bluez-users] bluez 3.23 "cannot open libasound_module_pcm_b=
luetooth.so" issue on A2DP

> Hi :
> I have to say i made a mistake in my former statement ;-) . Sorry for the=
inconvience...

> The situation is like this :
>
> 1.the prefix of bluez and alsa are both /bluetooth.
> 2. Im using an embeded system which is running on NFS from my host comput=
er. And "/bluetooth" is on my host computer and is the installation directo=
ry after i cross-compiled packeges like bluez/alsa. The NFS on the host com=
puter is actually "/work/rootfs" . So everytime i "make install " the stuff=
into /bluetooth , i also have to copy things in /bluetooth into /work/root=
fs so that my embeded system could use it as NFS.
> 3. From my embeded system's point of view: After it mounted on NFS provid=
ed by the host computer, the libasound_module_pcm_bluetooth.so is actually =
right there in /lib/alsa-lib. And binaries like aplay is in /bin. I also cr=
eated a directory of /bluetooth and put some links into it . Like this:

> /bluetooth $ ls -l
> lrwxrwxrwx 1 root root 4 Nov 12 2007 etc -> /etc
> lrwxrwxrwx 1 root root 4 Nov 12 2007 lib -> /lib
> lrwxrwxrwx 1 root root 6 Nov 12 2007 share -> /share
> lrwxrwxrwx 1 root root 4 Nov 12 2007 usr -> /usr
> lrwxrwxrwx 1 root root 4 Nov 12 2007 var -> /var
>
> The reason im doing this is applications like aplay tends to search its p=
lugin libararies like libasound_module_pcm_bluetooth.so in /bluetooth/lib/a=
lsa-lib..

> This method work fine before 3.23...
> In 3.23, aplay turns out to say:
> "Cannot open shared library /bluetooth//lib/alsa-lib/libasound_module_pcm=
_bluetooth.so"

> Actually , maybe there's another clue. If I replaced libasound_module_pcm=
_bluetooth.so with libraries of an older version like 3.22 in the same dire=
ctory , the aplay no longer reports a "Cannot open shared library" error wh=
en i use aplay -D bluetooth. Although A2DP still can't work cause the versi=
on of the plugin lib is not right.

> [...]

>> A2DP works fine on 3.22.But I got the following error when i tried to pl=
ay a2dp using "aplay -D bluetooth" in the 3.23:

>> / $ aplay -D bluetooth /tmp/1.wav
>> ALSA lib pcm.c:2106:(snd_pcm_open_conf) Cannot open shared library /blue=
tooth//lib/alsa-lib/libasound_module_pcm_bluetooth.so
>> aplay: main:546: audio open error: No such file or directory
>>

>> BTW, my "libasound_module_pcm_bluetooth.so" is always in /bluetooth/lib/=
alsa-lib , not /lib/alsa-lib . Because my '--prefix' is /bluetooth.

>> Is there anything wrong in my param of ./configure ? Or something else i=
s causing the issue?

> Installing in /bluetooth/lib/alsa-lib will not going to work, the same
> applies to gstreamer plugin it must be installed in the prefix that
> the application will load its plugins. You can either install the alsa
> and gstreamer binaries in /bluetooth or change your prefix.

by Luiz Augusto von Dentz

On Dec 10, 2007 12:03 AM, <[email protected]> wrote:

> Hi all:
>
> I just upgraded my bluez from 3.22 to 3.23.
> My ./configure param is like this:
> bluez-libs-3.23:
> ./configure --host=3Darm-linux --prefix=3D/bluetooth
> bluez-utils-3.23:
> ./configure --host=3Darm-linux --prefix=3D/bluetooth/ --enable-test --ena=
ble-usb --enable-input --enable-serial --enable-initscripts --enable-bccmd =
--enable-cups --disable-pcmia --enable-alsa --enable-audio --enable-shared =
PKG_CONFIG=3Dpkg-config --enable-obex --enable-avctrl --enable-network --en=
able-debug

> A2DP works fine on 3.22.But I got the following error when i trie=
d to play a2dp using "aplay -D bluetooth" in the 3.23:

> / $ aplay -D bluetooth /tmp/1.wav
> ALSA lib pcm.c:2106:(snd_pcm_open_conf) Cannot open shared library /=
bluetooth//lib/alsa-lib/libasound_module_pcm_bluetooth.so
> aplay: main:546: audio open error: No such file or directory
>

> BTW, my "libasound_module_pcm_bluetooth.so" is always in /bluetooth/lib/a=
lsa-lib , not /lib/alsa-lib . Because my '--prefix' is /bluetooth.

> Is there anything wrong in my param of ./configure ? Or something else i=
s causing the issue?

Installing in /bluetooth/lib/alsa-lib will not going to work, the same
applies to gstreamer plugin it must be installed in the prefix that
the application will load its plugins. You can either install the alsa
and gstreamer binaries in /bluetooth or change your prefix.

-- =