2007-11-22 16:26:25

by Csillag Kristóf

Subject: Using AVRCP with current BlueZ

Hi there!

The wiki page at http://wiki.bluez.org/wiki/HOWTO/AudioDevices says that
I no longer not need bluetooth-alsa, plugz, btsco or the like for audio
to work - they are now obsolete.

My question is, how can I use AVRCP now? bluetooth-alsa used to contain
some support for it, but now I guess it's gone. Browsing the source
code of bluez-utils, I see some dbus interface, but I can not find
any example demonstrating how to use this.

Could you please point me to the right documentation (if it exists)?

Thank you for your help:

Kristof Csillag

2007-11-23 12:32:37

by Johan Hedberg

Subject: Re: [Bluez-users] Using AVRCP with current BlueZ

On Nov 23, 2007, at 14:00, Csillag Krist=F3f wrote:
> One more question: what was the reason to use
>
> KEY_NEXT and KEY_PREVIOUS, instead of
> KEY_NEXTSONG and KEY_PREVIOUSSONG?

No special reason, except that the names of the key codes matched more =

precisely the AVRCP spec.

> The latter are below-256 keycodes (like KEY_PLAYPAUSE,
> which is used by BlueZ for pause) handled nicely by
> all applications (like keytouch), where the former, which
> are currently used, are extended codes, mostly unsupported
> in user-space.

If this improves interoperability with existing applications then it's =

probably a good idea to apply your patch. I'll commit it to CVS later =

today unless somebody has a good reason why it shouldn't be done.

Johan

by

Thanks,Johan.
im also wondering how i can do avrcp and now here's the answer.

semiyd

> Date: Thu, 22 Nov 2007 19:13:55 +0200
> From: [email protected]
> To: [email protected]
> Subject: Re: [Bluez-users] Using AVRCP with current BlueZ
>
> Hi Kristof,
>
> On Nov 22, 2007 6:26 PM, Csillag Krist=F3f wrote:
>> My question is, how can I use AVRCP now? bluetooth-alsa used to contain
>> some support for it, but now I guess it's gone. Browsing the source
>> code of bluez-utils, I see some dbus interface, but I can not find
>> any example demonstrating how to use this.
>>
>> Could you please point me to the right documentation (if it exists)?
>
> I don't think there is any proper documentation yet. bluez-utils-3.22
> has some preliminary AVRCP support but by default it's disabled. You
> need to add a line "Enable=3DControl" to the General section in
> /etc/bluetooth/audio.conf to enable it. Currently no D-Bus signals or
> or methods are supported. Instead, the audio service uses the kernel
> uinput interface (you need to have the uinput module loaded) to inject
> keypress events to the kernel input subsystem. You can see what kind
> of AVRCP->keycode mappings are used by looking in the audio/control.c
> file from bluez-utils.
>
> Johan

by Johan Hedberg

Hi Kristof,

On Nov 22, 2007 6:26 PM, Csillag Krist=F3f <[email protected]> wrot=