2005-05-27 09:51:03

by Fahad Khowaja

Subject: [Bluez-users] add bluez to uClinux

Hello everyone!

I'm new to this list. I am trying to integrate Bluez into uClinux for a school project. I have read the previous discussion on this topic here (like the fork() and vfork() limitation, exit() and _exit() stuff and the likes). I have made all of those changes to the bluez-utilities. I am using the latest uClinux distro downloaded from the uclinux website (http://www.uclinux.org) which has the source code for the 2.4 kernel version.

I see bluetooth stuff in it (under drivers>bluetooth and net>bluetooth). When I do make xconfig, I select:

1) my target architecture type (uCsimm by Arcturus),
2) uClibc as the library,
3) 2.4.x as the kernel version to use and
4) the option to modify kernel configuration which then presents me with a window customise the kernel options.

But my problem is that I can't find any bluetooth related stuff in this kernel configuration window even though the files are present as I mentioned earlier.

I will be grateful if somebody could guide me as to how I can get the bluetooth options in the kernel configuration options. I believe then I should be able to statically compile bluez into uClinux and thereafter get on with cross compiling the utilities.

Thanks a lot for you time.

Regards,
Fahad.

2005-05-28 13:45:13

by Marcel Holtmann

Subject: Re: [Bluez-users] add bluez to uClinux

Hi Fahah,

> I'm new to this list. I am trying to integrate Bluez into uClinux for
> a school project. I have read the previous discussion on this topic
> here (like the fork() and vfork() limitation, exit() and _exit() stuff
> and the likes). I have made all of those changes to the
> bluez-utilities. I am using the latest uClinux distro downloaded from
> the uclinux website (http://www.uclinux.org) which has the source code for
> the 2.4 kernel version.
>
> I see bluetooth stuff in it (under drivers>bluetooth and
> net>bluetooth). When I do make xconfig, I select:
>
> 1) my target architecture type (uCsimm by Arcturus),
> 2) uClibc as the library,
> 3) 2.4.x as the kernel version to use and
> 4) the option to modify kernel configuration which then presents me
> with a window customise the kernel options.
>
> But my problem is that I can't find any bluetooth related stuff
> in this kernel configuration window even though the files are present
> as I mentioned earlier.
>
> I will be grateful if somebody could guide me as to how I can get the
> bluetooth options in the kernel configuration options. I believe then
> I should be able to statically compile bluez into uClinux and
> thereafter get on with cross compiling the utilities.

maybe the uClinux architecture does not include the Bluetooth config
file and thus no config options are presented.

Regards

Marcel