2005-07-11 10:37:12

by Fahad Khowaja

Subject: [Bluez-users] unable to open /dev/rfcomm0: No such device.

Hello list members!

I am using Bluez on an Axis Developer Board 82+ running kernel 2.4. I have
everything running fine except when I try to issue "rfcomm bind" or cat
/dev/rfcomm0 or echo "foo" > /dev/rfcomm0 I get a "No such device" error. A
cat of my /proc/devices produces:

Character devices:
1 mem
2 pty
3 ttyp
4 ttyS
5 cua
10 misc
90 mtd
108 ppp
120 etrax gpio
121 ds1302
128 ptm
136 pts
162 raw
180 usb

Block devices:
1 ramdisk
31 mtdblock

It seems that the character device with major version 216 is not recognized
by the kernel. Which driver is used for these devices? Which options should
I enable in the kernel for it to be included in the kernel (I don't have
module support on the axis board)? It will be an immense help if someone can
give me some pointers!

Gratefully yours,
Fahad.

Take advantage of powerful junk e-mail filters built on patented Microsoft?
SmartScreen Technology.
Start enjoying all the benefits of MSN? Premium right now and get the
first two months FREE*.