2007-12-31 20:20:42

by Brian Sammon

Subject: [Bluez-users] bluez-gnome: what window-manager functionality does it need

I'm using fvwm, and with my current fvwm configuration, bluetooth-applet is
unusable. I couldn't get it to be useful with windowmaker either (with what I
think is the default debian config). I eventually discovered that it works
with fluxbox (also in a default-ish config).

Is there any good documentation about what features bluez-gnome requires from
a window manager? I guess it's something like a dock/wharf/tray feature, but
I can't find any confirmation of that.

For FVWM, it's probably just a matter of activating the right "module".

Also, (as a sort of feature-request) is anyone working on getting bluez-gnome
to work everywhere (e.g. with twm)? Maybe some sort of fall-back
functionality where it can just create a icon or a small window, when the
dock/wharf/tray it prefers is not available?