2008-01-22 21:25:31

by russell

Subject: [Bluez-users] All connections disconnect immediately

'It is not pairing. Bluez site has info that describe how pairing can be
achieved.'
I have searched high and low but failed to find this information. Would
you or someone be so kind as to point me to the relevant documentation?
Has someone translated the python scripts offered in the documentation
into commands one can merely run on the command line?

russell

by Brian Sammon

> 'It is not pairing. Bluez site has info that describe how pairing can be
> achieved.'
> I have searched high and low but failed to find this information. Would
> you or someone be so kind as to point me to the relevant documentation?
> Has someone translated the python scripts offered in the documentation
> into commands one can merely run on the command line?

I found that the dbus-send commands specified in the "dbus-send" section of
http://wiki.bluez.org/wiki/HOWTO/Bonding were successful in manually
initiating the bonding process.
In my case, I had to manually start the passkey app first.

I agree that bluez information for the non-programmer is rather hard to
find/navigate. It would be nice if someone (preferably someone who knows more
about it than me) could split http://wiki.bluez.org/wiki/HOWTO/Bonding into a
"pairing-for-users" page and a "pairing-for-programmers" page.
As it is, it gives the impression that bluez is not quite ready for
non-programmer use yet.