2004-03-30 21:42:58

by Lan Zhang

Subject: [Bluez-users] About Ipaq and Nokia phone

Hi,

I have an ipaq and Nokia 3650 phone; I try to use both of them with my
linux box. I download bluez packet and obex packet, before I make any
connect or pair, both of them can find my linux, and each of them can
setup a connection with the linux Bluetooth. But they cannot work
together. The problem is the Nokia phone cannot find the Bluetooth
device after the ipaq connected to LAN access point. Before the ipaq
connect to LAN access over ppp, the phone can find my linux Bluetooth
device, and it can use the sdp service which provided. But after the
ipaq connected to the linux; the phone will not able to look this
Bluetooth device anymore. I didn't try to pair these two; I just try to
search the Bluetooth around the phone. And if I disconnect the ipaq,
then the phone can find it again. So dose it support multiple
connections?

Thanks a lot.

Regards,

Lan Zhang

2004-03-30 22:58:09

by Marcel Holtmann

Subject: Re: [Bluez-users] About Ipaq and Nokia phone

Hi Lan,

> I have an ipaq and Nokia 3650 phone; I try to use both of them with my
> linux box. I download bluez packet and obex packet, before I make any
> connect or pair, both of them can find my linux, and each of them can
> setup a connection with the linux Bluetooth. But they cannot work
> together. The problem is the Nokia phone cannot find the Bluetooth
> device after the ipaq connected to LAN access point. Before the ipaq
> connect to LAN access over ppp, the phone can find my linux Bluetooth
> device, and it can use the sdp service which provided. But after the
> ipaq connected to the linux; the phone will not able to look this
> Bluetooth device anymore. I didn=FFt try to pair these two; I just try
> to search the Bluetooth around the phone. And if I disconnect the
> ipaq, then the phone can find it again. So dose it support multiple
> connections?=20

what does "hciconfig -a" say?

Regards

Marcel