2005-02-10 15:49:32

by Mandalia Hiren-AHM047

Subject: RE: [Bluez-users] BT programming

> the profiles are implemented in applications. Either you find a
> application that fits your needs or you have to write one. Be more
> specific about what profiles and what roles do you wanna support.

I was assuming that some of the profiles are already implemented and can easily be re-used for your application. If I were to write my own profiles is there any book/reference that can guide me? I'm planning to write applications to build PAN, exchange objects and IM chat...

> Check with "hcidump -X" what's the error code, but as I always say there
> is no need to establish an ACL link by hand. The kernel core will do it
> when one is needed.

Hcidump -x gives me something like..
device: hci0 snap_len: 1028 filter: 0xffffffff

and the process does not exit, unless I suspend it explicitly.

Hiren

by Marcel Holtmann

Hi Hiren,

> > the profiles are implemented in applications. Either you find a
> > application that fits your needs or you have to write one. Be more
> > specific about what profiles and what roles do you wanna support.
>
> I was assuming that some of the profiles are already implemented and can easily be re-used for your application. If I were to write my own profiles is there any book/reference that can guide me? I'm planning to write applications to build PAN, exchange objects and IM chat...

stop thinking in profiles. Profiles are applications and since we are in
the Linux world, yes, there are already some applications do deal with
certain profile definitions from the specification.

For PAN you can use pand and for object exchange there are lot of them,
but none of it is the default one. The IM chat would be tricky, because
there is no standard for it. However as Michal already posted, there is
a project for it.

> > Check with "hcidump -X" what's the error code, but as I always say there
> > is no need to establish an ACL link by hand. The kernel core will do it
> > when one is needed.
>
> Hcidump -x gives me something like..
> device: hci0 snap_len: 1028 filter: 0xffffffff
>
> and the process does not exit, unless I suspend it explicitly.

Of course. It will show you the HCI packets when you establish a
connection from another terminal. If the device is idle you will see
nothing and if you run it a non-root you will see only a few packets.

Regards

Marcel