2005-11-09 14:09:59

by Khaled

Subject: [Bluez-users] bluez and asterisk

Hello All,

I have been trying to tackle Theo Zourzouvillys' project on setting up
bluetooth support for Asterisk
(http://crazygreek.co.uk/content/chan_bluetooth), but have run into problems
and since his mailing list link does not work, I turn to you at bluez-users.

My goal is to set up a voice->gsm gateway whereby I can send a call over SIP
which routes that call out over a mobile connected via Bluetooth. Being able
to send up to four simultaneous calls to be routed via four different
mobiles would be even better :-). It seems that Theo's is the perfect
project...

I am sure there is someone out there who has done this and can help/hint
me...

I have successfully:
1. integrated chan_bluetooth into asterisk
2. installed bluez protocol stack:
a.. bluez-libs-2.22.tar.gz
b.. bluez-utils-2.22.tar.gz
c.. bluez-pin-0.26.tar.gz
d.. bluez-firmware-1.1.tar.gz
e.. bluez-hcidump-1.27.tar.gz
f.. bluez-hciemu-1.2.tar.gz
from http://www.bluez.org

At this point, on the bluetooth side, my bluetooth dongle can scan and
recognise bluetooth enabled phones. However...

At starting up Asterisk, I get the following error messages:

[chan_bluetooth.so] => (Bluetooth Channel Driver)
== Parsing '/etc/asterisk/bluetooth.conf': Found
Jan 9 11:44:14 NOTICE[3401]: /usr/src/chan_bluetooth/chan_bluetooth.c:1825
rfcomm_listen: Listening for RFCOMM channel 3 connections on FD 11
Jan 9 11:44:14 NOTICE[3401]: /usr/src/chan_bluetooth/chan_bluetooth.c:1825
rfcomm_listen: Listening for RFCOMM channel 6 connections on FD 12
Jan 9 11:44:14 ERROR[3401]: /usr/src/chan_bluetooth/chan_bluetooth.c:1841
sco_listen: Can't create SCO socket: No such file or directory (errno: 2)
Jan 9 11:44:14 WARNING[3401]: loader.c:345 ast_load_resource:
chan_bluetooth.so: load_module failed, returning -1
== Unregistered channel type 'BLT'
Jan 9 11:44:14 WARNING[3401]: loader.c:440 load_modules: Loading module
chan_bluetooth.so failed!

Below are my various config files. Theo did not mention anything about
rfcomm so I am not sure if I am to use this, so I have been playing about a
little and learning at the same time, so please be patient with me and any
advice/info is much appreciated...

These are my configuration files:

/etc/bluetooth/rfcomm.conf:

rfcomm0 {
bind yes;
device 00:0E:6D:34:BD:B1;
channel 3;
comment "Bluetooth device";
}

/etc/asterisk/bluetooth.conf:

[general]
rfchannel_ag = 3
interface = 0

;; A Nokia 6310i
[00:0E:6D:34:BD:B1]
name = Nokia
type = AG
channel = 3
autoconnect = yes

/etc/asterisk/extensions.conf:

[general]
static=yes
writeprotect=yes
autofallthrough=yes

[globals]
DEFAULT_RINGING_TIME=20

[default]
exten => _01,1,Dial(SIP/${EXTEN})
exten => _02,1,Dial(SIP/${EXTEN})
exten => _03,1,Dial(BLT/test/XXX)

(where XXX is the mobile phone number)

Also, there is a bug reported at Theo's site regarding SCO links which is
similar to what I am doing here...any ideas on this?

FYI:
- I have loaded rfcomm, l2cap, hci_usb, bluez modules successfully to the
system.
- hciconfig shows the interface to be UP
- hcitool scan recognises bluetooth phone

Forgive me for the long entry. In anticipation of ALL replies,

Khaled

by Khaled

Subject: RE: [Bluez-users] bluez and asterisk - new problem

Hi Marcel (and list)

Sorry, one last thing: does the version of asterisk look suspicious?

*CLI> show version
Asterisk CVS-v1-0-01/08/05-16:05:25 built by [email protected] on a
i686 running Linux

Thanks for all your help in advance,

Khaled

by Khaled

Hi Marcel (and list),

Unfortunately my hcidump is still not showing anything - but I have got my
mobile to connect to the computer (via rfcomm connect), pin is entered and
recognised on both sides, and I get:

Connected /dev/rfcomm0 to XX:XX:XX:XX:XX:XX on channel 3
Press CTRL-C for hang-up

Also, having tried to connect from Asterisk, the phone is connected
successfully also. The output at the asterisk console is:

*CLI> Nov 11 16:53:34 NOTICE[2222]:
/usr/src/chan_bluetooth/chan_bluetooth.c:2041 try_connect: Initialised
bluetooth link to device Nokia
[AG] Nokia < AT+BRSF=23
[AG] Nokia > AT+BRSF=23
Nov 11 16:53:34 WARNING[2222]: /usr/src/chan_bluetooth/chan_bluetooth.c:2399
handle_rd_data: Device Nokia: Unhandled Unsolicited: +BRSF: 47
[AG] Nokia > +BRSF: 47
[AG] Nokia > OK
[AG] Nokia < AT+CIND=?
[AG] Nokia > AT+CIND=?
[AG] Nokia > +CIND:
("call",(0,1)),("service",(0,1)),("call_setup",(0-3)),("callsetup",(0-3))
[AG] Nokia > OK
[AG] Nokia < AT+CIND?
[AG] Nokia > AT+CIND?
Nov 11 16:53:34 NOTICE[2222]: /usr/src/chan_bluetooth/chan_bluetooth.c:417
set_cind: Audio Gateway Nokia got signal
[AG] Nokia > +CIND: 0,1,0,0
[AG] Nokia > OK
[AG] Nokia < AT+CMER=3,0,0,1
[AG] Nokia > AT+CMER=3,0,0,1
[AG] Nokia > OK
[AG] Nokia < AT+CLIP=1
[AG] Nokia > AT+CLIP=1
[AG] Nokia > OK
[AG] Nokia < AT+CGMI=?
[AG] Nokia > AT+CGMI=?
[AG] Nokia > OK
[AG] Nokia < AT+CGMI
[AG] Nokia > AT+CGMI
[AG] Nokia > Nokia
[AG] Nokia > OK

Though I'm not too sure about the warning at the top...

When I execute 'bluetooth show peers', the output is positive:

bluetooth show peers
BDAddr Name Role Status A/C SCOCon/Fd/Th Sig
----------------- ---------- ---- ----------- --- ------------ ---
00:12:62:E1:E5:45 Nokia AG Ready Yes -1/-1/0 Yes

But when trying to dial from asterisk (via a soft sip phone), I get a
segmentation fault:

-- Executing Dial("SIP/01-25d3", "BLT/Nokia") in new stack
Segmentation fault

Note the Dial trying to be executed; I am wery about this since I didnt
fully understand Theo's documentation
(http://crazygreek.co.uk/content/chan_bluetooth), in whcih he states:

'Send a call out by using Dial(BLT/DevName/0123456). Call a HS with
Dial(BLT/DevName)'

Because I am dialing an AG, I am to use the Dial(BLT/DevName/0123456)
command, but what are the digits after /DevName/? Is this the phone number
of the mobile phone? Perhaps this is why I cannot dial from asterisk?

Any help/hint/reply/best wishes is helpful - its kind of lonely when no-one
replies (thanks to Marcel for all the help, perhaps a *little* more if
you're up for it? plz?)

Kindest Regards

Khaled

by Marcel Holtmann

Subject: RE: [Bluez-users] bluez and asterisk

Hi Khaled,

> Thanks for your replies Marcel. Unfortunately I cannot find anything on the
> net about hcidump reporting no traffic - I am completely lost!
>
> My hcdump shows:
>
> HCI sniffer - Bluetooth packet analyzer ver 1.27
> device: hci0 snap_len: 1028 filter: 0xffffffff
>
> Running: sdptool search --bdaddr 00:0E:6D:34:BD:B1 0x111F, gives:
>
> Class 0x111F
> Searching for 0x111F on 00:0E:6D:34:BD:B1 ...
> Service Name: Voice Gateway
> Service RecHandle: 0x10005
> Service Class ID List:
> "Handfree Audio Gateway" (0x111f)
> "Generic Audio" (0x1203)
> Protocol Descriptor List:
> "L2CAP" (0x0100)
> "RFCOMM" (0x0003)
> Channel: 13
> Language Base Attr List:
> code_ISO639: 0x656e
> encoding: 0x6a
> base_offset: 0x100
> Profile Descriptor List:
> "Handsfree" (0x111e)
> Version: 0x0100
>
> Please see previous mails for more info about hciconfig -a, revision, etc
> outputs.
> How can I progress from this stage? Why is hcidump showing no traffic?

I am pretty sure that the PIN helper has a problem. So get hcidump
running and look at your log files.

Regards

Marcel

by Khaled

[...]