2008-12-04 13:59:30

by Dhinakaran K

Subject: [Bluez-users] Setting up Bluetooth Audio (A2DP)

Hi,
I intend to use the A2DP profile of BlueZ, by playing some music
over my desktop(Having Broadcom USB bluetooth adaptor) and listering it on
BT-headset.

System Details:
Linux Flavour: Fedora Core 4
Linux Kernel: 2.6.26
BlueZ version: 4.18
DBUS version: 1.2.4
GLIB version: 2.14
ALSA version: 1.013

HCID:
When I start bluetooth service, hcid throws error: Unable to get
on DBUS and continues to run. I proceed further to pair with headset,
wherein in gives, Can't connect: Input/Output error. But surprisingly it
can connect with other bluetooth devices like mobile phones. Behaviour is
alike irrespective of pin-helpers,bluepin or bluez-pin.
Bluetoothd:
Yes, I know that version 4.xx replaces hcid wiht bluetoothd. I
edited the /etc/ini.d/bluetooth script to spawn bluetoothd daemon, instead
of hcid daemon. Even Bleutoothd daemon throws error: Unable to get on
DBUS and exits.

Im attaching the debug log herewith. Any help in this regard is deeply
appreciated.

Warm Regards
- dhinakaran

Dhinakarank K
Software Engineer, EmSyS ( : +91 821 240
5638
Larsen and Toubro Limited, Mysore Campus ( : +91 821 240 5489
KIADB Industrial Area, Hebbal - Hootagalli Ê : +91 821
2403752
Mysore - 570 018 š :
[email protected]
India ý :
http://www.Lntemsys.com

This mail is classified as
L&T EmSyS Proprietary L&T EmSyS Internal Use
L&T EmSyS Confidential L&T EmSyS General Business

Attachments:
debug.txt (1.33 kB)
(No filename) (363.00 B)
(No filename) (164.00 B)

by Marcel Holtmann

Subject: Re: [Bluez-users] Setting up Bluetooth Audio (A2DP)

Hi,

> I intend to use the A2DP profile of BlueZ, by playing some
> music over my desktop(Having Broadcom USB bluetooth adaptor) and
> listering it on BT-headset.
>
> System Details:
> Linux Flavour: Fedora Core 4
> Linux Kernel: 2.6.26
> BlueZ version: 4.18
> DBUS version: 1.2.4
> GLIB version: 2.14
> ALSA version: 1.013
>
> HCID:
> When I start bluetooth service, hcid throws error: Unable to
> get on DBUS and continues to run. I proceed further to pair with
> headset, wherein in gives, Can't connect: Input/Output error. But
> surprisingly it can connect with other bluetooth devices like mobile
> phones. Behaviour is alike irrespective of pin-helpers,bluepin or
> bluez-pin.
> Bluetoothd:
> Yes, I know that version 4.xx replaces hcid wiht bluetoothd.
> I edited the /etc/ini.d/bluetooth script to spawn bluetoothd daemon,
> instead of hcid daemon. Even Bleutoothd daemon throws error: Unable
> to get on DBUS and exits.
>
> Im attaching the debug log herewith. Any help in this regard is deeply
> appreciated.

your system is seriously screwed up and old. Why don't you just upgrade
to a more recent Fedora 10. The A2DP support should work out of the box
there using ALSA, GStreamer or PulseAudio.

Regards

Marcel