2005-04-06 14:00:20

by Claudio Takahasi

Subject: [Bluez-users] NAP service records attributes

Hi,

According with Bluetooth PAN Profile specification IP4vSubnet and
IPv6Subnet NAP service record attributeID is a displayable string
containing subnet definition of the network, e.g. 10.0.0.0/8 for
IPv4 and fe80::/48 for IPv6. Based on this informartion I would like
to know if is possible add an extra attribute(IPv4Gateway).

I am working with Bluetooth linux statck(BlueZ). Considering a NAP
scenario, where a PANU connects to the NAP. After establish a PAN, it
is necessary add a route to the default gateway(NAP Bluetooth
interface). However, only the IPv4Subnet is provided and this
information is not enough for IP setup. Attach a DHCP server on NAP
interface or use a standard addressing based on subnet
information(e.g. for 10.0.0.0 the gw should be 10.0.0.1) can solve my
problem, but I want avoid these approachs.

What is the process to submit a profile change to Bluetooth SIG? Is it
feasible add an IPv4Gateway attribute?

Regards,
Claudio

by Marcel Holtmann

Subject: Re: [Bluez-users] Bluetooth Synchronization on Nokia (3650)

Hi Scott,

> A while back I wrote an application that syncs my Sony Ericcson phone
> via IrMC synchronization. Recently I purchased a Nokia 3650 thinking
> that it supported same IrMC Synchronization profile over Bluetooth (I
> guess I just based that thinking on Apple iSync supporting the 3650,
> because I though that iSync only used IrMC sync). Well I was
> wrong :-) ...
>
> Does anyone know how synchronization is done over bluetooth on this
> nokia 3650 (and other symbian nokias?). It must be possible, iSync is
> doing it... some kind of OBEX command ? or something over
> tcp/ip/network ?

as far as I know, you need the mRouter (PPP over RFCOMM) for syncing the
old Symbian based phones via SyncML. For the newer ones it seems that
they started using SyncML over OBEX.

Regards

Marcel

by scott.meesseman

Hello all,

I sent this out already but I messed up on the subject line, please don't
mind me :

A while back I wrote an application that syncs my Sony Ericcson phone via
IrMC synchronization. Recently I purchased a Nokia 3650 thinking that it
supported same IrMC Synchronization profile over Bluetooth (I guess I just
based that thinking on Apple iSync supporting the 3650, because I though
that iSync only used IrMC sync). Well I was wrong :-) ...

Does anyone know how synchronization is done over bluetooth on this nokia
3650 (and other symbian nokias?). It must be possible, iSync is doing
it... some kind of OBEX command ? or something over tcp/ip/network ?

Thank you very much for your time ....

Regards,
Scott Meesseman

2005-04-02 05:28:12