2004-10-20 14:14:19

by Jay W. Summet

Subject: [Bluez-users] Socket willing to provide technical support to BlueZ

After complaining about lack of Linux support, I received the following
message from Socket (http://www.socketcom.com):

"Thank you for your comments Jay, I will forward them to our Bluetooth
product manager. We are open to working with the BlueZ dev team however
they have not attempted to contact us at this time for any assistance. We
are open to dialog with the dev team as it would help us in the long run
to have support for Linux.

Donnie
Socket Communications Technical Support"

Jay

by Marcel Holtmann

Hi Jay,

> After complaining about lack of Linux support, I received the following
> message from Socket (http://www.socketcom.com):
>

> "Thank you for your comments Jay, I will forward them to our Bluetooth
> product manager. We are open to working with the BlueZ dev team however
> they have not attempted to contact us at this time for any assistance. We
> are open to dialog with the dev team as it would help us in the long run
> to have support for Linux.
>
> Donnie
> Socket Communications Technical Support"

this is a wrong statement. We (Max and I) discussed this back in August
2002 with Martin Croome ([email protected]) for the revision E and F
cards. They asked me to sign a NDA which I didn't sign and no further
communication happened.

If they wanna improve the Linux support for their cards then they should
send me some of them (including the older Nokia based ones) and include
any needed specification documents (without signing a NDA) to improve
our drivers.

And btw it is not so hard to find out my email address ;)

Regards

Marcel