2004-10-26 20:04:47

by Jay W. Summet

Subject: [Bluez-users] Socket CF Rev G or H working?

I have an offer from Socket to replace my Rev F card with their latest
card (rev H). (It is my understanding that cards after rev G use the new
CSR chipset.) But, they don't know if it's supported under Linux.

Does anybody have a Socket CF bluetooth adaptor, REV G or H that works for
you?

(Currently, my rev F card works, but is limited to around 2.0KB/sec when
connecting to a GPRS phone, which isn't fast enough...)

Thanks,
Jay

by Marcel Holtmann

Subject: Re: [Bluez-users] Socket CF Rev G or H working?

Hi Jay,

> I have an offer from Socket to replace my Rev F card with their latest
> card (rev H). (It is my understanding that cards after rev G use the new
> CSR chipset.) But, they don't know if it's supported under Linux.

ask them for a test device and tell them to also send me one.

> Does anybody have a Socket CF bluetooth adaptor, REV G or H that works for
> you?

We have problems with some serial based cards. They got detected correct
with a 2.6 kernel, but they don't work as expected. Some of them do and
others don't. Using the latest 2.6.10-rc1 this may have changed, because
there was some ongoing work in the serial subsystem. However I don't
know, because I am not an expert in this area.

Regards

Marcel