2004-12-07 13:51:37

by Jay W. Summet

Subject: [Bluez-users] Working Socket CF Rev G/H w/ 2.6.x kernel?

I have a Socket Compact Flash 2.5 (Revision H) card [new one with CSR chip].

My system recognizes it as a serial port with the serial_cs module, but
"hciattach ttyS4 socket" doesn't initialize it properly (BCSP
initialization failed). {I have also tried the HCI_UART module, but it
doesn't work.} The rest of my bluetooth/pcmcia system works fine with a
Zoom PCMCIA card.

I am running kernel 2.6.7 and have heard that I may need to upgrade my
kernel to get some serial patches to get it working.

My question before I do:
-Is there anything else I should check first?
-Is 2.6.9 late enough or should I go for 2.6.10-rc3 (or some other patch
level)?
-Anybody have a Rev G or H card working with any 2.6.x kernel?

Thanks,
Jay

by Marcel Holtmann

Hi Jay,

> I have a Socket Compact Flash 2.5 (Revision H) card [new one with CSR chip].
>
> My system recognizes it as a serial port with the serial_cs module, but
> "hciattach ttyS4 socket" doesn't initialize it properly (BCSP
> initialization failed). {I have also tried the HCI_UART module, but it
> doesn't work.} The rest of my bluetooth/pcmcia system works fine with a
> Zoom PCMCIA card.

the Socket card should work the same as the Zoom card, because I also
used the Zoom card with serial_cs + hci_uart.

> I am running kernel 2.6.7 and have heard that I may need to upgrade my
> kernel to get some serial patches to get it working.
>
> My question before I do:
> -Is there anything else I should check first?

What does dump_cis say?

> -Is 2.6.9 late enough or should I go for 2.6.10-rc3 (or some other patch
> level)?

Go with the 2.6.10-rc3.

> -Anybody have a Rev G or H card working with any 2.6.x kernel?

No that I know of and I don't have one of these at home for testing.

Regards

Marcel