2005-02-08 23:27:04

by Jay W. Summet

Subject: [Bluez-users] Trouble pairing with new phone...

Ok, I had a SE T610 phone, and it paired with BlueZ no problems. I also
have a Palm T and it paired with no problems...

The phone stoped charging, and I got it replaced under warantee.

Now, I can't pair the phone with the laptop running Linux/Bluez. (After
entering the PIN on the phone, it gives a "Bluetooth connection failed"
message.)

I deleted the pairing between all devices.

The phone is able to pair with the Palm. The Palm is able to pair with the
laptop (running Bluez) and the phone. The phone still won't pair with the
laptop.

My questions:
1) Is there a way to initate pairing FROM the laptop?

2) Anybody see this type of behavior before?
(Is it a problem with my new phone? The old one worked fine...)

Jay

by Jay W. Summet

Subject: [Bluez-users] Re: Trouble pairing with new phone...

As an update, I just had a friend of mine try pairing with HIS SE T610,
and it didn't work any better. So I'm wondering if this behavior is
common to all SE T610's?

I'm using HCID/SDPD version 2.10 (Mandrake 10.1).

Jay

On Tue, 8 Feb 2005, Jay W. Summet wrote:

> Ok, I had a SE T610 phone, and it paired with BlueZ no problems. I also
> have a Palm T and it paired with no problems...
>
> The phone stoped charging, and I got it replaced under warantee.
>
> Now, I can't pair the phone with the laptop running Linux/Bluez. (After
> entering the PIN on the phone, it gives a "Bluetooth connection failed"
> message.)
>
> I deleted the pairing between all devices.
>
> The phone is able to pair with the Palm. The Palm is able to pair with the
> laptop (running Bluez) and the phone. The phone still won't pair with the
> laptop.
>
> My questions:
> 1) Is there a way to initate pairing FROM the laptop?
>
> 2) Anybody see this type of behavior before?
> (Is it a problem with my new phone? The old one worked fine...)
>
> Jay

by Marcel Holtmann

Subject: Re: [Bluez-users] Trouble pairing with new phone...

Hi Jay,

> Ok, I had a SE T610 phone, and it paired with BlueZ no problems. I also
> have a Palm T and it paired with no problems...
>
> The phone stoped charging, and I got it replaced under warantee.
>
> Now, I can't pair the phone with the laptop running Linux/Bluez. (After
> entering the PIN on the phone, it gives a "Bluetooth connection failed"
> message.)
>
> I deleted the pairing between all devices.
>
> The phone is able to pair with the Palm. The Palm is able to pair with the
> laptop (running Bluez) and the phone. The phone still won't pair with the
> laptop.
>
> My questions:
> 1) Is there a way to initate pairing FROM the laptop?
>
> 2) Anybody see this type of behavior before?
> (Is it a problem with my new phone? The old one worked fine...)

run "hcidump -X" as root while trying to pair/connect.

Regards

Marcel