2004-04-23 09:18:19

by Pierre N

Subject: [Bluez-users] bluez-utils2: Bluetooth header files not found

Hi,

Trying to compile bluez-utils2 out from CVS. I get this error message on
./configure:

checking for unistd.h... yes
checking bluetooth/bluetooth.h usability... no
checking bluetooth/bluetooth.h presence... no
checking for bluetooth/bluetooth.h... no
configure: error: Bluetooth header files not found

I tried ./configure --without-bluetooth
./configure --with-bluetooth=/usr/src/kernel-headers-2.4.22 I always get
the same error message.

Using 2.4.22 on powerpc. What else do you guys need?

--
Pierre

Attachments:
signature.asc (189.00 B)
This is a digitally signed message part

2004-04-23 14:22:37

by Marcel Holtmann

Hi Pierre,

> Well, I'm even more stupid than my wildest dreams. Forgot to run make,
> now that I did it everything is fine. And my USB dongle is used for the
> first time since switching to Linux!!! Great work. Thanks for all your
> help guys and you should advertise hid2hci everywhere!!

since this tool don't depends on any other library I plan to include it
into the next release of bluez-utils.

Regards

Marcel

by Pierre N

On Fri, 2004-04-23 at 12:52, Pierre N wrote:
> Done. Got libs (and after that libs2) from CVS.
> ./bootstrap
> ./configure
> Pointed --with-bluetooth to the proper path and now here is what I get:
>
> checking bluetooth/bluetooth.h usability... yes
> checking bluetooth/bluetooth.h presence... no
> configure: WARNING: bluetooth/bluetooth.h: accepted by the compiler,
> rejected by the preprocessor!
> configure: WARNING: bluetooth/bluetooth.h: proceeding with the
> compiler's result
> checking for bluetooth/bluetooth.h... yes
> checking for bt_inquiry in -lbluetooth... no
> configure: error: Bluetooth library not found
>
> Moving forward slowly...
>
> --
> Pierre
>

> On Fri, 2004-04-23 at 11:40, Geoff Shang wrote:
> > On Fri, 23 Apr 2004, Pierre N wrote:
> >
> > > checking bluetooth/bluetooth.h usability... no
> > > checking bluetooth/bluetooth.h presence... no
> > > checking for bluetooth/bluetooth.h... no
> > > configure: error: Bluetooth header files not found
> >
> > Have you compiled and installed bluez-libs?
> >
> > Geoff.

Attachments:
signature.asc (189.00 B)
This is a digitally signed message part

2004-04-23 11:50:26

by Marcel Holtmann

Hi Pierre,

> Trying to compile bluez-utils2 out from CVS. I get this error message on
> ./configure:
>
> checking for unistd.h... yes
> checking bluetooth/bluetooth.h usability... no
> checking bluetooth/bluetooth.h presence... no
> checking for bluetooth/bluetooth.h... no
> configure: error: Bluetooth header files not found
>
> I tried ./configure --without-bluetooth
> ./configure --with-bluetooth=/usr/src/kernel-headers-2.4.22 I always get
> the same error message.
>
> Using 2.4.22 on powerpc. What else do you guys need?

you must not specify the path of the kernel includes, because userspace
programs should never include kernel header files. It is the prefix of
your previous installed libs2 from CVS.

Regards

Marcel

by Pierre N

Done. Got libs (and after that libs2) from CVS.
./bootstrap
./configure
Pointed --with-bluetooth to the proper path and now here is what I get:

checking bluetooth/bluetooth.h usability... yes
checking bluetooth/bluetooth.h presence... no
configure: WARNING: bluetooth/bluetooth.h: accepted by the compiler,
rejected by the preprocessor!
configure: WARNING: bluetooth/bluetooth.h: proceeding with the
compiler's result
checking for bluetooth/bluetooth.h... yes
checking for bt_inquiry in -lbluetooth... no
configure: error: Bluetooth library not found

Moving forward slowly...

--
Pierre

On Fri, 2004-04-23 at 11:40, Geoff Shang wrote:
> On Fri, 23 Apr 2004, Pierre N wrote:
>
> > checking bluetooth/bluetooth.h usability... no
> > checking bluetooth/bluetooth.h presence... no
> > checking for bluetooth/bluetooth.h... no
> > configure: error: Bluetooth header files not found
>
> Have you compiled and installed bluez-libs?
>
> Geoff.

Attachments:
signature.asc (189.00 B)
This is a digitally signed message part