2005-03-03 19:58:08

by Florian Echtler

Subject: [Bluez-users] Interference between btsco and hidd

by Brad Midgley

Florian

> 1. While btsco works fine, I've just noticed that when it's running
> and a connection is established to my headset, my other Bluetooth
> devices (MS Optical Desktop) can't establish a connection by them-
> selves anymore. After keyboard or mouse go to sleep mode with
> btsco running, they can only be reconnected with hidd --connect
> or by killing btsco first.. Has anyone got an idea how to fix this?

I remember Lars Grunewaldt bringing this up a while ago. Marcel told him
something like changing how hidd runs? master? Anyway, check the
bluez-devel (possibly bluez-users) list archives.

> 2. I had a look at the hcid source code, as I was thinking about
> implementing a little function to call some script when a
> connection request arrives. However, my understanding of BT
> is still limited, so can somebody give me a hint where to start?
> What kind of event is received when a connection request comes in?

Yes, it appears as an AT string on the command channel. See the way
btsco examines AT strings.

> 3. Again concerning btsco: has anybody tried to disconnect the SCO
> channel while not in use? Maybe that would fix the problem with
> hidd, too..

Yes, we would all love it. As far as I know, no one has done it.

Brad