2004-06-12 18:28:36

by Suresh Srinivasan

Subject: [Bluez-users] Broadcasting in Bluetooth

Dear Maxim Krasnyansky,
Iam suresh srinivasan, doing my masters in computer
science at SMU. Iam currently looking at broadcasting in a bluetooth piconet.
>From my understanding from the bluetooth protocol stack is that broadcast
is not supported as of now. Iam trying do the following to broadcast a packet in the bluetooth
piconet:

1) Creating a connection(ACL) to all the slaves.
2) In function "HCI_ACL_SEND" the parameter "flag" in the function
hci_add_acl_hdr(skb,conn->handle,flags|ACL_START) is modified to flags|ACL_ACTIVE_BCAST".
Can i broadcast with the above changes? or do i ned some more changes?
Please, give me your valueable sugestions? please, guide me if iam in
the wrong direction.Eagerly waiting for your response,

Thanking you,
Warm regards,
suresh

by Gene Imes

Subject: [Bluez-users] bluepin

Anyone know how to fix this:

gene@tr1a:~> bluepin
Xlib: No protocol specified

Traceback (most recent call last):
File "/usr/bin/bluepin", line 39, in ?
import gtk
File "/usr/lib/python2.3/site-packages/gtk-2.0/gtk/__init__.py", line
43, in ? from _gtk import *
RuntimeError: could not open display

Thanks,

Gene