2008-06-26 06:03:23

by salyer

Subject: [Bluez-users] Sbc encode optimization

Dear sir ,
I see "There are a couple of optimizations the codec could see but it
performs reasonably on 200MHz+ devices. " on the wiki.bluez.org site.
Would you tell me how to optimise the sbc encode for arm926ejs? Thanks.

Best Regards & Thanks
Paul Zhu.
--
Best Regards!

Attachments:
(No filename) (276.00 B)
(No filename) (371.00 B)
(No filename) (247.00 B)
(No filename) (164.00 B)

by Brad Midgley

Subject: Re: [Bluez-users] Sbc encode optimization

Paul

> I see "There are a couple of optimizations the codec could see but it
> performs reasonably on 200MHz+ devices. " on the wiki.bluez.org site.
> Would you tell me how to optimise the sbc encode for arm926ejs? Thanks.

The input data is copied a couple of times inside the encoder. It
would be faster if it was not being copied.

There are places, like the precomputed tables, that could be
represented in 16 bits. There was no advantage to doing this on the TI
arm chip but it might be a different result for other chips.

--
Brad